DSL disconnected

SOLVED Go to solution
prabala
Level 2
Hi Team

After reboot my modem internet connection dropped and status shows DSL disconnected . In modem the ppoe has tpg default credentials and i have changed it to my tpg user name and pwd, status still in DSL disconnected and NBN box has orange static light for the connected LAN port. Could someone please assist
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

@prabala . You mention UNI-D2 so you must be on FTTP.  From the 2 pictures, it looks like the EWAN config is incomplete. You need to add a new interface.

VLAN ID is not enabled.

Add your username and password.

Use defaults for other settings.

Not sure about Default Gateway.  Try selecting Current Connection, ie. the new one you are defining.

Save.

In the Operation column, click Connect.

View solution in original post

david64
Level 15

@prabala . Did you use ethernet computer or wifi device for speedtest? Ethernet computer gives best results.

During the speedtest, did each progress graph go smoothly or stop/start?

You can leave the other EWAN interfaces as is.

Ask TPG if there is a proper firmware download for your Archer on FTTP connection.

They should also fix the dropouts.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
alanguide
Level 7

You mention 'NBN box'. Does this mean you have ben converted to FTTP? If so, you should not be using DSL at all.

david64
Level 15

Hi @prabala . Did you reboot the router or do factory reset? Reboot does not bring back default credentials.

Was there something wrong that made you reboot router?

What type of NBN connection do you have?

What model is your router?

prabala
Level 2
Hi Alan
Thanks for looking into this
Yes am under NBN50,
In my modem(archer vr1600v) i can see following hope it helps to assist
prabala
Level 2
Hi David
Appreciated for looking into it
Am under NBN 50 with archer vr1600v modem, i have rebooted the modem as the connection was dropping out and up intermittently.
Normally after reboot it used to work properly but this time the internet led indicated was down for longtime. So upon troubleshooting the modem noticed the credentials under DSL and EWAN are tpg default credentials hence i have changed my TPG user credentials . Apart from that i havent changed anything as it seems all configuration are fine.
NBN box UNID2 has static orange.
Attaching my config details hope it assist to fix the issue
david64
Level 15

@prabala . You mention UNI-D2 so you must be on FTTP.  From the 2 pictures, it looks like the EWAN config is incomplete. You need to add a new interface.

VLAN ID is not enabled.

Add your username and password.

Use defaults for other settings.

Not sure about Default Gateway.  Try selecting Current Connection, ie. the new one you are defining.

Save.

In the Operation column, click Connect.

prabala
Level 2
Hi David
Appreciated for looking into this
As suggested below I have added a new interface with VLAN id not enabled . It assisted to connect to the internet successfully but speed seems went very low, is it okay to leave the existing EWAN interfaces as is or am i need to do any changes?
Appreciated for your time and assistance on this.
david64
Level 15

@prabala . Is Bandwidth Control enabled and are there any values in it?

If it is enabled, try disabling it and run speedtest on TPG support page. What down and up speeds do you get?

If already disabled and you have low speed, might be a problem at TPG end.

prabala
Level 2
Hi David
I have disabled the bandwidth control and speed test resulted into 12mbps download and 14mbps upload.
At the moment am okay with this as TPG tech support not reachable in holiday period unfortunately. And in regards to EWAN existing interfaces is it safe to leave as is?
david64
Level 15

@prabala . Did you use ethernet computer or wifi device for speedtest? Ethernet computer gives best results.

During the speedtest, did each progress graph go smoothly or stop/start?

You can leave the other EWAN interfaces as is.

Ask TPG if there is a proper firmware download for your Archer on FTTP connection.

They should also fix the dropouts.