TPG Community

Get online support

DSL light on, but no internet light on - TPG TICKET 10900865

raulharregui
Level 2

Hello,

I received a text and email yesterday to say NBN has been installed and it was active.

I powered up the modem (TP-Link) and the Power, DSL, 2.4 and 5 G lights are ON ; however the Internet light is not.

Have reported this to TPG Customer Service, and was told yesterday 2pm that it was an NBN issue and it was going to be escalated.

I called again 5pm as I had no news from TPG, and was told again it was going to be escalated and I would get an update from TPG or NBN asap.

I called again 9pm as I had no news from TPG or NBN, and was told that the TPG Technical Team was gone for the day, and that I was going to get an update this morning first thing.

I got an SMS today saying my case had been raised with NBN and that I should get info in 12 to 24 hours ... by the way, when I got that SMS I had already been out of internet for 24 hours !!!

I replied to that SMS asking for an estimated time to get my services active, I need internet to work from home, I got no reply from the SMS from TPG. Then sent an email to techops@tpg.com.au and I got no reply there either. So I am trying here.

I have found many customers who reported similar issues to mine, NBN was confirmed to be installed and active, but the Internet access it not working. Could anyone help me find out if there is anything I can do from my end (e.g. manually setup the modem) or how do I find out when will I get my service up and running?

Thanks in advance

Raul Arregui

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @raulharregui ,

I was able to locate the account using the posted information. We have identified that the issue is with the network controlled by the NBN co. This unfortunately means only NBN co. technicians have the authority to fix this fault.

Our Engineering Team already escalated this to NBN Co. the SMS you received is a confirmation that it requires an NBN Technician to fix the line fault affecting the service.

I've seen that the NBN technician appointment has been sent to you via SMS, let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

@raulharregui wrote:

Hello,

I received a text and email yesterday to say NBN has been installed and it was active.

I powered up the modem (TP-Link) and the Power, DSL, 2.4 and 5 G lights are ON ; however the Internet light is not.

Have reported this to TPG Customer Service, and was told yesterday 2pm that it was an NBN issue and it was going to be escalated.

I called again 5pm as I had no news from TPG, and was told again it was going to be escalated and I would get an update from TPG or NBN asap.

I called again 9pm as I had no news from TPG or NBN, and was told that the TPG Technical Team was gone for the day, and that I was going to get an update this morning first thing.

I got an SMS today saying my case had been raised with NBN and that I should get info in 12 to 24 hours ... by the way, when I got that SMS I had already been out of internet for 24 hours !!!

I replied to that SMS asking for an estimated time to get my services active, I need internet to work from home, I got no reply from the SMS from TPG. Then sent an email to techops@tpg.com.au and I got no reply there either. So I am trying here.

I have found many customers who reported similar issues to mine, NBN was confirmed to be installed and active, but the Internet access it not working. Could anyone help me find out if there is anything I can do from my end (e.g. manually setup the modem) or how do I find out when will I get my service up and running?

Thanks in advance

Raul Arregui