TPG Community

Get online support

Darwin Slow Speeds very night at about 9:00PM Darwin Time Every Night

Cyberess
Level 2

Here in Darwin with Fibre to the Premises -- (I have been with TPG for many years)
I have NBN Broadband XL Bundle 100/40

TPG is now show and congested at about 8:30PM in the evenings,    
I have sent a email to 10:50PM Monday
Ticket number came back 58731302

Thursday was the a phone call at 1:50PM this is 3 days to come back, I can't take the call as I am at work

Frustrated again slow Internet in the evening at prime time about 9:00PM , can't watch youtube or Amazon Prime, at all or at any decent speed.

Done speed test via TPG's speed test and it shows 65Mps Download so my gear is O.K. but do Google Speed test and that shows a Download speed of 5.58Mps which is very slow and a  Latency: 159 ms Server: Sydney
 Normally the link I have is quite fast till about 8PM till about 11pm

It now 11pm the speeds are back up to 65Mps on both speed test (I guess the congestion is over)

I had phoned TPG about 9:30PM, and on waited for 30 minutes (and the on hold message was driving me mad)

The support person done a number of tests and ask me a number of questions --  said he sent me email to my Email address and a SMS  --  Looks like TPG must have congested email and an SMS system 1 hour later I have received neither.

Can someone give me a good reason why I should stay with TPG?

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @Cyberess

Thanks for raising this to us. We're sad to know that you're having speed issue with the service. We're able to locate the account using your given details and we've seen that the issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team and currently under assessment.

They're also awaiting for pending test result required for further investigation, you may post the additional test on this thread and we'll forward it to our Team.

We'll chase this with our Team to prioritize this case and updates will be provided when it becomes available. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Cheers!

Cyberess
Level 2

Last night during the issue I sent a email to 

networktest@tpg.com.au 31 Jan 2020 at 9:30 PM Darwin time

With test done at around 9:00PM

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/1e92e600-441f-11ea-bec7-73045da5249f

Showed 21.8Mbps Download  --  I have to say at this time I have also seen 15Mbps Download

These slow speed make it impossible to view Youtube

I had a phone call from TPG asking me for the Email --  and I said that I sent it from the preious evening.

TPG has some seriuos issues.

I have now enabled another port on my NTD with another Internet provider and have now plugged my home network into the second port --

As I have a spare router I have that plugged in back in the port one with TPG and confirmed that the speed this evening was back down to 18Mps with TPG this is seriously below the TPG advertised 78.2Mps Evening speed for a NBN 100 connection.

I would now like to organise a refund from Monday 27 Jan 2020 for services that TPG was unable to deliver 

I did try to phone TPG support last night but gave up after 15 minutes.

@Shane wrote:

Hi @Cyberess

Thanks for raising this to us. We're sad to know that you're having speed issue with the service. We're able to locate the account using your given details and we've seen that the issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team and currently under assessment.

They're also awaiting for pending test result required for further investigation, you may post the additional test on this thread and we'll forward it to our Team.

We'll chase this with our Team to prioritize this case and updates will be provided when it becomes available. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Cheers!

BasilDV

Hi @Cyberess,

Our Engineers weren't able to receive the additional test that they've requested to confirm that there's an issue within the network.

We'll advise them about your decision to terminate the account and for them to assess your refund request.

Your assigned Engineer will be in touch with you tomorrow for further updates.

BasilDV

Cyberess
Level 2

How do I get the refund request accessed? 

Looks like TPG planning on charging for a service that they were unable to supply. 

Dear Customer,

Your cancellation request has been processed and finalised.

The details of your cancellation are as follows:
 - Username: XXXXXXXXXXXX
 - Customer ID: XXXXXXX
 - Cancellation date: 3/3/2020
 - Cost for service during 30 day notice period: $88.48
 - Early termination fee: $0.00
 - Less paid-up credit on current service: $45.16
 - Total amount to be debited: $43.32

If you are inside contract, an early termination fee (ETF) applies as you
had agreed to take the service for a minimum contract period and you have
requested early termination.  The ETF is 50% of the monthly charges that
would have been paid between the date of cancellation and the end of the
contract period, up to a maximum of $350.

If you are outside contract, a 30-day notice period applies. This is indicated
in "Cost for service during 30-day notice period" above and is payable even if
your requested cancellation date is earlier than 30 days.

Riezl

Hi @Cyberess, we'd like to look into this and we'll have an escalation officer contact you to discuss the matter.

Should you have a preferred contact number and time, please send it via PM. To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Riezl

Hi @Cyberess, we can see that our Escalations Team has been in touch and provided a resolution to the concerns you have raised.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to drop us a message. Thank you.