TPG Community

Get online support

Dee Why - Internet is down

Anonymous
Not applicable

On 30 March just before noon, NBN had an outage in the area (Dee Why, NSW). By 12:30pm, we were informed the service has been restored.

I received emails and texts from TPG also confirming service is back up.

I've rebooted the NBN box over 4 times as per advice in email / SMS.

The server is still down. I downloaded the app and check the status:

x Modem detected

x Data

v Voice Service

Modem and data services are still down. I've logged a fault over 1.5 hours ago and nothing.

When oh when will you got to this???

17 REPLIES 17
BasilDV

Hi @Anonymous

We'd like to understand about why the service was not restored even after the outage was marked as resolved.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number for us to assist.

BasilDV

Anonymous
Not applicable

Details sent.

BasilDV

Hi @Anonymous

We tested the line and can confirm that the outage has been fixed by NBN Co, however, the NBN NCD box is not getting the correct light status.

There's a possible line fault that affected your service.

This has been raised to our Engineering team for further investigation and updates will be provided within 24 to 48 hours.

BasilDV

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really ... So I just have to hot spot off my mobile phone this whole time?

You do realise that people are still working from home? That we actually have to work? This messes with our livelihood.

This is like water or electricity getting cut.

Not cool TPG.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Before the NBN, we had VERY FAST cable internet. NBN decided that our building cannot have HFC and put us on dodgy copper that is 50 years old. We can only NBN50 because our copper cannot deliver NBN100.

I went to the ombudsmen to try and get our connection upgraded to HFC. We got the run-around and said it's what the overloards at NBN decided and the ombudsment have no authority over NBN co.

We HAVE to get a copper connection through a provider. Only then can we "complain" and the internet provider is the one who can request HFC from NBN.

So, I would like TPG to raise this with NBN co and request that HFC be configured for our building.

BasilDV

Hi @Anonymous

Upgrading the type of technology in particular location will be between NBN Co and the customers as they have a program.

Check it here: NBN Technology choice.

Any fees that will be discussed will be between NBN Co and customers that wants to upgrade the type of technology they have.

BasilDV

Anonymous
Not applicable

No - it is currently closed. The ombudsman told us it's up to the provider to request this.

Anyway, typical for the consumer to get squeezed in the middle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

A technician was scheduled to come today between 8am and 12 noon.

I just received a text that the ticket is closed. But we still don't have internet.

Is this a joke?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgot to mention, the technician has not showed up. We never got contacted by the technician.