TPG Community

Get online support

Do I need to switch to NBN

SOLVED Go to solution
Maria_M
Level 2

Hi,

I just got a call from a TPG sales personnel informing me that I need to switch my ADSL to NBN since NBN is ready where I live. She gave me information on the free modem and installation, but, I explained to her that I am planning to move soon, no definite area yet, so, I do not want to make a decision to switch just yet to avoid the fees and hassles of moving or canceling my account. But, she seems to be very pushy and is implying that I need to switch regardless, i felt like I was given an ultimatum to decide right at that instant. So, I am just wondering if I do need to switch to NBN right at this moment or is there a time frame for the customers to make a decision, since this question when I asked the sales personnel was just answered with me getting a no lock in contract, which is not really answering my question.

Thanks,

Maria

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Maria_M
Level 2

Hi David,

I dug up the unopened letter I got from NBN dated 20 April 2020 informing me that my area now has NBN access and that existing internet network services is scheduled to be switched off from 8 October 2021 in my area. So, I’m assuming this is the 18 months timeframe that you mentioned.  Maybe this information should be made available to your sales personnel and not add stress to your existing customers. 

Thanks,

Maria

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
David_M

Hi @Maria_M 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @Maria_M 

I will arrange someone to call you back ASAP within 48hrs.

Normally, once an area is NBN ready you have 18 months to migrate to the NBN. After that time, Telstra can turn the old network off.

I dont have access to whether your area has just gone live with NBN, giving you 18months to move to move onto the NBN, or your area is close to the end of the 18month timeframe and we are letting you know your old service may be disconnected.

Thanks,

Maria_M
Level 2

Hi David,

I dug up the unopened letter I got from NBN dated 20 April 2020 informing me that my area now has NBN access and that existing internet network services is scheduled to be switched off from 8 October 2021 in my area. So, I’m assuming this is the 18 months timeframe that you mentioned.  Maybe this information should be made available to your sales personnel and not add stress to your existing customers. 

Thanks,

Maria