In the last couple of days, I have noticed that my download speed using SABnzdb is extremely slow. All other applications (including SpeedTest) seem to indicate that my connection is fast.
My plan is the fastest available (NBN100) and there is no data limit. Is the traffic through this program being specifically throttled by TPG? It has never been a problem until recently.
You're not alone there ... Getting the same issue.
On a 100M FTTH connection and getting less than 1/5 of the speed I used to get.
Set up multiple servers as a test to isolate if machine or not; but 4 different machines and varying OS all have the same issue.
Tried 3 different usenet servers; all the same result - All three together; same result.
Does not get over that 1/5 connection speed.
Mine seems to happen with only one program, which is a downloading application. Perhaps TPG think I am pirating copyrighted material and have taken it upon themselves to limit my use?
Does yours happen with all programs/platforms? Using the standard SpeedTest app on my PC and Android phone, the connection tests well.
If you refer to this post as well, seems they're also experiencing similar issues:
But majority is via sabnzbd (although I do have some OS video learning and it seems to be buffering a little).
I've tried 2 x ubuntu servers; 1 x CentOS server, 1 x Windows 10 desktop and 1 x MacOS.
Rebooted router and NBN box.
SpeedTest will default to a local mirror. Lots of stuff will use CDN's to, so also default to something loca even if the actual server/service is based OS.
Bet the usenet servers are all in the US/EU. Issue to me appears to be slow international speeds, not usenet specific. Need to confirm that http speeds from OS servers are also effected for you though.
For example if
are also slow for you. Still slow here and I know it isn't just those particular servers, because I retested on a local VPS.