TPG Community

Get online support

Download speed dropped from 90+mpbs to 60mpbs on FTTC

cheekyage
Level 2

Hi all

Over the last few days I have noticed my download speeds have dropped from 96mbps to 65mpbs.

I am no longer able to receive any higher speeds even though I am subscribed to a NBN100 plan.

This has been tested during peak and off-peak times where I've received the same results.

There has also been no change in hardware or any phone wiring in my home. Everything has remained untouched.

I am using the supplied NBN utility box, D-Link 1600 router, located in Beverly Hills NSW. 

Would anyone be able to assist in helping me troubleshoot this issue?

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
Riezl

Hi @cheekyage ,

We've created some articles that will help you troubleshoot the Slow speed issue.

If you are using a WIFI connection, then you may check these links to improve your home network.

If you need further assistance, please PM us your best contact number and most convenient time to receive a call for troubleshooting.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

cheekyage
Level 2

Hi @Riezl 

Thanks for your reply, however, I am still experiencing the same slower speeds when having a direct wired via ethernet cable connection from my TPLink router to my device. 

I achieve the same slow speed results with the wifi on and off.

I will send you a PM to further troubleshoot.

Cheers