TPG Community

Get online support

Downstream sync rate lower

iSeenYa92
Level 2

Hi,

Awhile ago I had drop out problems which seem to be resolved since the TPG technicians last visit.

However, now I am getting really slow internet speeds.

This has been going on since last week.

I have checked the stats on my router and the downstream sync rate has been at 1667 Kbps

Line Attenuation 48dB

Noise Margin 12.0dB

I usually average about 7000Kbps-9000Kbps downstream.

Please investigate.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Erika

Hi @iSeenYa92,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to the Community and sorry to hear of the issues with your service.

I've managed to run remote tests and currently, the test results does not show a physical fault on the line and with the network that would affect your experience with the internet service.

However, I've seen some disconnections today. Do you reboot the modem everytime this issue occurs?

But I do still recommend that we have one of our technicians give you a call to resolve your issue as your service may be affected by other factors.

Please let us know your best time and contact number via Private Message so I can get a technician to call you.

Regards,

iSeenYa92
Level 2

I'm not home until 6pm everyday, so if you see any disconnections throughout the day, it's happening on its own.

When I am home however, I do reboot my router if it is slow to see if it helps, which it doesn't.

I am not using any filter, I just plug in straight from the phone port direct into my router.

I had no issues with my down sync rate for awhile after the technician initially came to my premises.

Erika

Hi @iSeenYa92

Thanks for confirming. 

I've now arranged a call from one of our technicians today between 7pm - 8pm on the number that we have on file. 

We would appreciate if you'll be at home during the time of call as our technicians would like carry out simple checks with you to eliminate any possible equipment issue. If this time is not suitable, please let us know and we'll have this rearrange for you. 

Regards,

Shane

Hi @iSeenYa92,

We've seen that one of our Technicians tried to contact you but no avail. Let us know should you require further assistance or you can call call 131423, option 2 for our Technical Support Team.

Cheers!