TPG Community

Get online support

Drop Outs NBN FTTN

SOLVED Go to solution
Shane

You're always welcome. Have a great day!

Shane

You're always welcome @Cross81! Let me know how it will go. Cheers!

Cross81
Level 3

Many Thanks @Shane,

The NBN faults team visited our property and have fixed a line fault. SInce then we have had no drop outs at all which we are thrilled about.

As part of the initial fault finding last week the stability of our connection was adjusted by TPG. While this obviously stop the drop outs it did cause the speeds to drop by about 30%. Now that the line fault has been fixed is it possible to have the stability reset so we can get the speed back again?

Thanks again,

Graeme

Mc_Gerald

It's done @Cross81. Please monitor your connection tonight and let us know tomorrow if there is any improvement. Thanks!

Cross81
Level 3

Thanks @Mc_Gerald,

Have restarted the modem but haven't seen any improvement in speed. Still around 20 Mbsec when we orignially had 28Mbsec.

However, I realise it is peak time just now so we will monitor tonight and tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks again for the prompt response.

Graeme

Mc_Gerald

Please keep in touch, @Cross81. Good night!

Shane

Hi @Cross81,

I am glad to know that connection, issue of your service has now been rectified. In case you will have queries or technical concern in the future do not hesitate to create a thread our community is always here to help.

Cheers! Smiley Wink

Cross81
Level 3

Thanks @Shane,

I have been monitoring the connection speed last night and this morning after discussing with @Mc_Gerald. Our Speeds have not improved yet and are still at about 20 Mb/sec download.

Before raising the stability issues with TPG we were receiving speeds of about 28Mb/Sec. The first bit of fault finding was for TPG to change the stability settings which dropped our speed down to what we are getting now.

I was hoping that with the line fault fixed we could reset the stability settings to their orginal level so that our speeds would increase again.

Kind Regards,

Graeme 

Cross81
Level 3

Hi @Shane and TPG team,

Our speeds are now back up to 28 Mb/sec and the connection still appears to be stable.

Many thanks for your help and prompt assistance for recitifying the issues for us.

Kind Regards,

Graeme

Shane

Hi @Cross81,

I am glad to know that! It is our pleasure to assist you with your concern. Enjoy the service!

Cheers,