TPG Community

Get online support

Dropouts and Slow Connection, Getting no-where with Tech Support

marcustieleman
Level 2

Just moved to a new address (new build) and transferred TPG across. Internet was good for a day or so and then started dropping out 2-3 times a day and speeds are slow. We are only 10-20m from the node so should be fast, and have a wired connection so no issues regarding wireless.

Have contacted tech suppot but seem to be going around in circles and getting asked basic questions over and over.

At this point I'm just wanting to cancel the contract as I'm simply not getting the service I'm paying for and need for my business.

21 REPLIES 21
BasilDV

Hi @marcustieleman 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and understand that your case has been raised to our Engineering team for further investigation.

They've escalated the fault to NBN Co for further investigation and will request for an NBN technician visit once available.

Further updates will be given by your assigned Engineer via SMS or phone call as soon as it becomes available.

BasilDV

efunovasky
Level 2
Same problem. Mine is even worst, internet dead straightaway when download from YouTube, 500mb. What a joke.
marcustieleman
Level 2

Thanks for the follow-up. I spoke to the engineer yesterday and NBN are monitoring, however it dropped out again last night and I had to reset the modem to get connected again.

Despite this I received a message this morning saying the fault ticket had been closed as it was 'now working'...?

At this point I'm simply not getting the service I'm paying for so would like to cancel the service. I don't have the time to be running around in circles on this.

Shane

We apologise if you feel that way, the issue affecting the service been escalated by one of my colleague to our Engineering Team, expect them to contact you via SMS or Phone call when update becomes available. Let us know should you require further assistance. 

@efunovasky wrote:
Same problem. Mine is even worst, internet dead straightaway when download from YouTube, 500mb. What a joke.

Shane

Hi @marcustieleman,

We're sad to know that you're still having issues with the service, we ran an initial test of the service it shows it has been connected stable and connected for 20h 55m. We'd like to confirm on what particular devices you experience the dropouts.

If it's on Wireless devices such as Smartphone or Laptop connected via WI-FI it could be caused by wireless interference. Here is an article that you may find helpful, this will guide you on how to improve the Wireless connection at home. Please see links below.

In the event that the issue still persist after performing these troubleshooting, shoot me a private message with your preferred contact time and we'll have one of our Senior Technician to look into this for further investigation.

For reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Thanks for the follow-up. I spoke to the engineer yesterday and NBN are monitoring, however it dropped out again last night and I had to reset the modem to get connected again.

Despite this I received a message this morning saying the fault ticket had been closed as it was 'now working'...?

At this point I'm simply not getting the service I'm paying for so would like to cancel the service. I don't have the time to be running around in circles on this.

marcustieleman
Level 2

Hi Shane, 

Thanks for the reply. Main connection is not wireless, i.e. ethernet cable direct to modem.

The connection dropped last night and again this morning. Now that I have watched carefully, the DSL light starts flashing (and internet stops working), however after the DSL light goes solid again, the internet doesn't seem to work (when I log into the modem it just shows a refesh symbol for the internet - see attach screenshot).

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need confidence in the connection for my work.

BasilDV

Hi @marcustieleman

Thanks for the update.

Our Engineers are already investigating the case and will provide you with the updates via SMS or phone call as soon as it becomes available.

BasilDV

marcustieleman
Level 2

Hi, since I received a message saying my issue was 'resolved' my connection has continued to drop out multiple times a day, and mucking around with costing me too much time. Can someone please contact me in regards to cancelling my contract as I can not longer put up with a connection that does not work and need to make alternate arrangements.

BasilDV

Hi @marcustieleman

We checked the note from our Engineers and the case is still open. It is being monitored by our Engineers, which is currently showing a stable connection.

Further updates will be given by your assigned Engineer as soon as it becomes available.

BasilDV