TPG Community

Get online support

Dropouts started past week & TPG IP address being blocked accessing/sending emails

resonatorman
Level 2

Hi There,

Just this past week I have started having dropouts with my FTTN service, this has not been an issue for the past 2yrs wifi connection remains ok & up, so not a wifi issue, but the DSL link is going down & this is confirmed according to the sys log on the modem, some days it will be mulitple times other days maybe once or twice then some days none.

On another note I use a separate host for web domain & email server & the TPG IP address is continually being flagged with them as spam & black-listed, & therefore I am not able to recieve or send emails or even log into my cPanel there, however this will be resolved if I reboot the modem & all will work og for another 12-24hrs then I have to repeat the boot process. I have discussed with them (HostPapa) & they suggested I need to discuss with TPG.

Any suggestiions would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Riezl

Hi @resonatorman ,

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

For us to further assist you, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

resonatorman
Level 2

Hi Riezl,

Thanks for the message, have sent you a PM.

Cheers

Shane

Hi @resonatorman,

The issue affecting the service has been escalated to our Engineering Team, expect them to contact you via SMS or Phone call when update becomes available.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!