TPG Community

Get online support

Dropouts - why don't you warn us about the scheduled maintenance??

Schtevo66
Level 3

So I've been having a few dropouts over the last few days. My service has been pretty reliable after the repairs TPG organised to my line back to the node about 8-9 months ago. (I'm on FTTN)

Last few days I've been getting dropouts, I check the service status page only to see a heap of "Scheduled Maintenance" events listed with an apology for the inconvienience.

Why do I need to go looking for this stuff when you clearly know about it - this is really poor customer service. As an engineer I get that maintenance needs to happen, but it's scheduled, you have the email addresses of all the customers who are likely to be impacted, how about a heads up so we can possibly move an important zoom meeting.

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @Schtevo66 ,

There are many factors outside of our control which affect the services, such as but not limited to; the performance of third party suppliers and equipment.

We will pass on your feedback to our team so they can take this into consideration. At the moment, outage information are available on our service status page, 

To better understand the status of the outage affecting the service, send us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@Schtevo66 wrote:

So I've been having a few dropouts over the last few days. My service has been pretty reliable after the repairs TPG organised to my line back to the node about 8-9 months ago. (I'm on FTTN)

Last few days I've been getting dropouts, I check the service status page only to see a heap of "Scheduled Maintenance" events listed with an apology for the inconvienience.

Why do I need to go looking for this stuff when you clearly know about it - this is really poor customer service. As an engineer I get that maintenance needs to happen, but it's scheduled, you have the email addresses of all the customers who are likely to be impacted, how about a heads up so we can possibly move an important zoom meeting.

Schtevo66
Level 3

I have already logged a job on the phone helpline.

My point here is why not email your customers a warning when there is scheduled maintenance that may impact our service? 

Riezl

At this point, we do not send individual notification regarding planned maintenance and outages, but we appreciate your feedback and we'll pass this on internally.

Hence, we list all planned maintenance on our Service Status Page : https://www.tpg.com.au/servicestatus.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.