Dropped ADSL2+ speed

landonkoo0207
Level 3

Hi,

I've been experiencing a significant speed drop in the past few days. The download speed I usually get is around 15~18 mbps, but now am getting around 7 mbps.

I've tried resetting and restarting the modem, and getting the same speed. 

Are there possible line issues?

regards,

Landon

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @landonkoo0207,

I've run some remote test and was able to detect a possible fault on the line, but can't verify if it's internal or external wiring. I will arrange a call from our Tech team to look into it further and to run a full isolation test.

Please PM me your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

landonkoo0207
Level 3

Hi,

I've just left a PM to you, but there something I forgot to tell you in the previous post.

The speed drop happened after some other technician (I'm not sure the technician is from TPG) did something to the MDF box of the building of my apartment. 

Just letting you know so when the technician visits my property, it might help him/her figure out the fault more easily.

Thanks,

Landon

BasilDV

Hi @landonkoo0207,

Thank you for sending your contact details. I'll notify our Tech team to contact you today to check this further.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @landonkoo0207,

I understand that our Tech team has been in touch and the case was escalated to our Engineering team for further investigation of the fault detected on the copper line.

Further updates will be given by them.

Kind regards,

BasilDV