Dropping out

SOLVED Go to solution
Cychorob
Level 2

When I first got TPG FTTB it was great, after you replaced a modem sometime in, my speed reduced from 90 to 60 and the internet started to drop out occasionally.  I complained but nothing was done.  So I just lived with it.

The drop outs have become so bad now, particularly the last week, that I am unable to use the service for anything apart from email.  As soon as I start to stream a movie, the connection drops out and takes a few minutes to reconnect.

Please fix or I will move to a new supplier.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ahra_G

Hi @Cychorob

Welcome to the Community! 

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.

I've managed to locate your account using your Community details and had the chance to run remote tests. 

Drop outs have been detected however we're unsure yet of the cause. Therefore, I have raised the issue to our Engineering Team for further investigation. 

Please ensure to leave your modem connected and turned on for remote testing purposes. 

Updates will be communicated via phone call or SMS. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @Cychorob

Welcome to the Community! 

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.

I've managed to locate your account using your Community details and had the chance to run remote tests. 

Drop outs have been detected however we're unsure yet of the cause. Therefore, I have raised the issue to our Engineering Team for further investigation. 

Please ensure to leave your modem connected and turned on for remote testing purposes. 

Updates will be communicated via phone call or SMS. 

Regards,

Ahra_G