TPG Community

Get online support

Email Filtering/Missing Emails

drbob
Level 6

Hi Moderators,

In the past couple of weeks I did not receive two important emails from linkmarketservices.com.au. I became aware of the missing emails because my wife owns shares in the same company and the only difference is that her notification email is gmail.com while mine is set to tpg.com.au

After the first mishap I disabled email filtering at tpg.com.au but I still did not receive a second email sent by linkmarketservices.com.au. I have checked trash/spam folders to no avail. Is there any filtering happening at another level?

Also, I noticed that sometimes emails sent to my tpg.com.au address are delayed by a couple of days and time-sensitive emails become useless by the time I receive them. If you have any idea as to how this can be fixed, I would be most grateful.

Regards,

Robert

20 REPLIES 20
Rica_R

We're sorry to hear that you are having issues receiving your emails @drbob.

We didn't receive any report that there's an issue with our Mail servers that may have caused the problem.

May we know if you were able to receive other emails from linkmarketservices.com.au after this incident?

Also, we'd like to know if the email that you are having issues with is your main email account or a slave account? 

And if you were able to check your email on the TPG post office?

We look forward to working this with you. 

Regards,

drbob
Level 6

I have been able to get responses from someone at linkmarketservices from westpac@linkmarketservices.com.au after I sent an email to that address. However, nothing from comms@linkmarketservices.com.au which was supposed to invite me to participate in a "share puchase plan". My wife forwarded me the emails she received from that source received at her gmail.com address to my @TPG.com.au address. If it were not for that I would not have known about the share purchase plan.

The account in question is my main email account, not a slave account.

Yes, I checked on TPG Post Office, in all folders, but didn't see the missing emails (there should have been two of them, the first advising what was coming, the second, inviting to participate).

Any help you can provide would be most welcome!

Shane

Hi @drbob

Thanks for sending us additional details. We raised this to our Post mater for further investigation. We'll provide you an update on this thread when it becomes available. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Will

Hi @drbob,

In order for our Postmaster to look into this fully, can we get a header of the message/s your wife received? Please send it via PM.

Regards,

Will

drbob
Level 6

Hi Will,

I cut and paste the email header but when I hit "Send Message" I get the following:

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and send the message when you are satisfied.

And I can't send the message.

Will

Hi @drbob,

Can you perform a screenshot of the header instead?

Will

Thanks for sending us a screenshot, @drbob.

As discussed via PM, we'll get back to you as soon as we have an update regarding the case.

Will

Hi @drbob,

Thanks for giving us time to check the case. The message was detected as a phishing email spoofedomain, hence, why it got blocked.

Let me know if you still have other concerns.

drbob
Level 6

Hello Moderators,

Thank you for looking into this and I am glad you found the cause of the missing email.

In view of the nature of this email, it is not good for me to have emails from this source blocked as it can have big negative financial repercussions. I would rather receive more junk in my mail-box rather than miss out on an important email because it was blocked at a level I cannot control.

How can this issue be resolved so that I don't miss out on my emails, particularly of this nature?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Robert