Email Problems

JJM
Level 3
Level 3

apparently the email issues have been "resolved" but i cant send/recieve emails from my email client

i get a message saying

"Unable to send or recieve massages for the TPG account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection."

i can access the mail through the web browser but thats **.

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @JJM ,

We suggest to check and update the email settings that you have on the email client you may check the email settings here, https://support.tpg.com.au/email-settings

Let us know how it will go. 

Regards,

JJM
Level 3
Level 3

Hi @Shane 

I was sending and reciving emails this morning and it was working fine. No settings were changed from my end from then and now. Did TPG change settings on their end?

david64
Level 15

Hi @JJM . What is your email client? How old is it?
I use an old version of Windows Live Mail and after the kerfuffle today, my client can't connect.

Mine is being affected by this:

Please note: From 7 November 2022 onwards we will no longer support TLS versions 1.0 and 1.1 for email.

They've finally got around to doing this because my TLS version was working yesterday.

I'm thinking of switching to Thunderbird which supports Win7.

JJM
Level 3
Level 3

hi @david64 

Bingo, i have the exact same problem. im using windows live mail too for specific reasons. I dont see how TPG can dictate what level of security i need to have. I pay them for a service, they give me the service. I am aware of the secuirty risks and its upto me to accept them.

thanks for your input. Ill call them and speak to someone.and see what can be done.

david64
Level 15

@JJM . This might be a solution for Windows Live Mail. Read last post by AprilMay and me.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Windows-Live-Mail-POP3-account-0x800CCC0F-error-w...

JJM
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks David,

I ended up migrating to thunderbird as it supports maildir (just like Windows Live Mail)