TPG Community

Get online support

Email account hacked

quinny525
Level 3

I seemed to have had my email account hacked after close to 30 years with TPG, I contact the help desk to ask this is looked at and see how someone has managed to send a spam email from my account and all I get is an email spool from a Ruzel telling me how to turn on my email filter... What a joke, in stead of investigating this is what do these days, try doing the job and looking.

Next they will be telling me it's come from my home computer when it has not been on for days yet all these people get sent an email from my account even people  I contacted once from this web server 10 years ago and somehow their email address has been picked up for spam.

Shameful service

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @quinny525,

Thanks for raising this to us. I'd like to clarify when you say Email Account Hacked did you mean unable to access the email and someone changed its password? Or you're getting multiple spam emails? If so, our database is secured, in which will not be possible for someone to phish your email address from it. Your email address can be taken or phished through any website that requires you to register it. Or it is possible that the malware is evident in your computer. You may need to run a full scan on your computer and update your anti-virus for more protection.

You may also raise this to our Postmaster directly by sending them an email to postmaster@tpg.com.au

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards, 

I seemed to have had my email account hacked after close to 30 years with TPG, I contact the help desk to ask this is looked at and see how someone has managed to send a spam email from my account and all I get is an email spool from a Ruzel telling me how to turn on my email filter... What a joke, in stead of investigating this is what do these days, try doing the job and looking.

Next they will be telling me it's come from my home computer when it has not been on for days yet all these people get sent an email from my account even people  I contacted once from this web server 10 years ago and somehow their email address has been picked up for spam.

Shameful service

quinny525
Level 3

Hello Shane

What I am believing is that my email account has been accessed and phishing emails sent from it until somene checks and proves this wrong, but so far from the email I have sent and the phone call I made nothing has been done only thing that has happened from TPG is send me a prepared spool about turning on email filters that were already on....

The emails that were sent looking like from me, managed to be sent to email accounts that I had only messaged from logging into TPG web mail and sending from there and so do not exist on my computer.

As for Malware on my computer, i am one that does not keep much on it and reguarly format and refresh....

Please go ahead and prove me wrong, never had a problem in close to 30 years with TPG and I pay for that seperate email address as an extra...

Riezl

Hi @quinny525, we'd like to look into this further. Please send us a private message with your  TPG customer  ID, username and complete address.

Please also include the email address you're having issues with.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community