Email delay

tomandjulia
Level 2

Hi

Having frequent issues with emails for a Zoom live stream being delayed getting to my inbox for 40-50 minutes after the session has started. Have tried sending emails from other accounts to my inbox and these work fine. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks

Tom

11 REPLIES 11
BasilDV

Hi @tomandjulia

There's no reported issues within our Mail servers.

Since you've tested the service and it worked fine, then you might need to check support where the emails came from.

BasilDV

tomandjulia
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV 

Thanks for getting back to me. The sender has so far answered only to say check my junk mail folder but we've never had an issue with that.

When I open the messages in Outlook the sent timestamp shows they sent the email at the right time (in this instance 7:50am) but then there's the 50 minute delay in receiving it (8:40am). Somewhere along the line it is getting held up.

BasilDV

Hi @tomandjulia

What is the service provider of the sender?

Did you try to send an email using their mobile data?

BasilDV

tomandjulia
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV 

I am not sure of their ISP, the sessions are booked via the MindBody app on my iPhone. I signed up for another session last night and the email arrived on time. However this is not the first time the email has failed to arrive on time. I guess all I can do at this point is monitor the situation.

Thanks

Tom

tomandjulia
Level 2
Hi @BasilDV

This issue has returned over the last two days; twice today when the email took nearly an hour to arrive.

Email address it is coming from is

livestream@livingflowyoga.com.au

Are the team able to investigate the potential reasons for this happening? I tested with other email address and there we no issues receiving them quickly.

Thanks
Tom
BasilDV

Hi @tomandjulia

It's possible that the IP reputation of the said email domain is poor, which causes the delay.

But we'd like to confirm it with our Post Masters.

Kindly send me a PM with your account details.

BasilDV

tomandjulia
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV 

I don't appear to be able to PM you. There is no link on your profile page to send a message as per the instructions.

Thanks

Tom

BasilDV

Hi @tomandjulia

Can you try it again?

BasilDV

tomandjulia
Level 2

PM sent. Thanks.