Email

1marc
Level 2

Hi there.

I asked this question to the tpg technicians but I can't get a stright answer.

When I recieve emails, i download them with either a laptop or a phone or a desktop. I don't delete the emails automatically so they stay on the post office website for 45 days.

When I send an email for example with my phone, unless I have the phone with me I can not see the sent folder. So if I am on the laptop I dont have my sent emails from the phone.

My reasoning is that just like the incoming email stay on the post office website, so should the sent emails stay on the sent folder in post office yet they do not. My sent emails folder on the post office website is empty.

Why? 

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @1marc,

Welcome to the community!

The email you sent to a particular device (for example: Laptop) the copy of the sent email will only be saved on the laptop's mail client. If you are using TPG's Post Office on your smart phone or laptop the copy of the sent email will be available on the Post Office sent folder if you access it on other device(s).

For more details about POP mail please visit this link.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

1marc
Level 2

Thank you for the reply. Yes, if I send from my laptop it is in the devices sent folder, sure. My question is why do the recieved email show in post office and not the sent? Don't the sent email go through your server?  

Shane

Hi @1marc,

That is one of the POP email's limitation, outgoing/sent emails will be sent using the outgoing server where the device(s) is connected to, it will not make a copy of the sent email to our Post Office Server, unlike IMAP email.

IMAP Email is stored long term on the email sever in any folders you wish, including Inbox, Sent Items and Deleted. Email in an IMAP account can always be viewed using any Internet connection or almost any email client, until it is permanently deleted by the user. The user also has the option to save the messages locally.

For more information about IMAP email may visit this link.

Cheers!