TPG Community

Get online support

Emails blocked by TPG servers

alexmail
Level 2

Hi,
I am helping to manage emails for small non for profit organisation and since we moved to a new domain names I found that emails got rejected by TPG servers.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

Here is an example of email being sent and rejected by TPG:
  {tpg user address here}@tpg.com.au
    host asav.tpg.com.au [27.32.32.10]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<treasurer@clcb.org.au> SIZE=2893:
    554 Your access to this mail system has been rejected due to poor reputation of a domain used in message transfer

I have checked and domain is configured correctly (SPF, DKIM) and it does not  look like it was blacklisted anywhere. Emails are succesfulley delivered to other provides (gmail, etc).

I suspect the becuase the domain is relatively new it can be treated with caution?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @alexmail 

Based on the error: 554 Your access to this mail system has been rejected due to poor reputation of a domain used in message transfer

It is possible that the IP address that was used by your domain was used for spamming a server, which is why it was marked with a poor reputation.

Since is has a poor reputation, the mail server blocked it.

If you have a TPG account, please send it via PM for further checking.

BasilDV

alexmail
Level 2

Hi,
I tried to send private message but was greeted with You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later. I suspect new accounts are not allowed to send private messages?

The IP address of the mail server is 139.99.208.176 and is not blacklisted. We have a different domain name on the same IP address and it can succesffuly send emails to TPG (I think that rules out IP address being blacklisted..).

There are 2 domains names - cranbournelionsconcertband.org.au and clcb.org.au , both of them using same hosting/email server but one of the unable to deliver emails (clcb.org.au). I suspect it could be due to it being farily new domain?

The error does mention `bad reputation domain name` but all online checks I did do not show any issues...

BasilDV

Hi @alexmail 

The clcb.org.au domain shows that it is blacklisted. 

Where did you check the health of your domains?

BasilDV

alexmail
Level 2

Hi,
I just googled few , like  mxtoolbox.com or    https://dnschecker.org

They do show one blacklist entry (UCEPROTECTL3) but it is applied on the whole IP range (i.e. provider) and it is same as for long domain name (cranbournelionsconcertband.org.au)

However, those tools check IP address not domains.. What domain reputation check should i use?

Shane

Hi @alexmail ,

You may directly coordinate this with our Postmaster by sending email to postmaster@tpg.com.au; or send us your details so we can coordinate this to them in your behalf.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi,
I just googled few , like  mxtoolbox.com or    https://dnschecker.org

They do show one blacklist entry (UCEPROTECTL3) but it is applied on the whole IP range (i.e. provider) and it is same as for long domain name (cranbournelionsconcertband.org.au)

However, those tools check IP address not domains.. What domain reputation check should i use?

jbinact
Level 2

alexmail,

if you still have this issue - this may sound crazy but we have a tpg hosted domain at home and have experienced a very similar sounding issue (a few times), try updating/changing the account password. After extended grief, this solved our non-delivery issue.