TPG Community

Get online support

Emails to TPG Domain failing

jhainesVLC
Level 2

All of sudden we are getting failed emails to TPG emails with the error:

Reported error: 550 5.7.23 The message was rejected because of Sender Policy Framework violation -> 550 #5.7.1 DMARC unauthenticated mail is prohibited

I have confirmed there is nothing wrong with our SPF Record and the email header confirms this:

X-MS-Exchange-Authentication-Results: spf=pass (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;dmarc=pass action=none header.from= Received-SPF: Pass (protection.outlook.com: domain of  designates as permitted sender) receiver=protection.outlook.com; 

Can you please assist in letting me know what the issue is? Here are the message details from the latest failed email

I have tried sending this to postmaster@tpg.com.au but for obvious reasons that email is not getting through.

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @jhainesVLC

We'd like to check on this further and raise this with our Post Masters.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number along with your email address.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @jhainesVLC

Have you contacted your domain email admin to check the error: 

Reported error: 550 5.7.23 The message was rejected because of Sender Policy Framework violation -> 550 #5.7.1 DMARC unauthenticated mail is prohibited

BasilDV

stojo01
Level 2

I have the same problem.

When I try and send a mail to my sister from my tpg mail server account to her at her yahoo mail account it gets rejected because DMARC is not setup on the TPG side

The same occurs when she tries to send me a mail from her yahoo account the mail gets rejected because yahoo can't authenticate the DMARC setup on the TPG side.

I have a postfix server runnning on Debian 11 Bullseye with SPF and DMARC and DKIM all singing and dancing for the three domains I have setup on my server hosted by Hetzner in Germany/Finland and they all work fine sending and receiving from yahoo mail. it's just the TPG account that has the problem.

This is a TPG issue upgrade your mail setup SPF DMARC and DKIM aren't difficult.

Jon

BasilDV

Hi @stojo01

To check on this further, please send an email to postmaster@tpg.com.au.

Please include the email account and some sample of the emails sent and errors you received.

BasilDV