TPG Community

Get online support

Error Sending message... using online mainbox

SOLVED Go to solution
Rasputin
Level 3

I have not been able to send emails and a, receiving the following error.

"Failure sending message. Email address not valid. Please use email address which looks like user@example.com"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rasputin
Level 3

All good now Karl.

Thank you

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
KarlB

Hi @Rasputin,

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Can you please include the email address your sending from and to?

Regards,

Karl

Rasputin
Level 3

Does it matter if it is a legacy email address that I have had for over 25 years?

I don't have a current account.

KarlB

Hi @Rasputin,

If you don't want to provide any details that is fine, but there isn't much help I can provide.

From the error message you provided it sounds like you are sending to an invalid email address. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Karl

Rasputin
Level 3

I will send you my details. But any email address that I have saved or type in from scratch gets that error message.

KarlB

Hi @Rasputin,

Do you only use the Online Mailbox(Webmail) or do you also use a mail client on a computer or phone?

And if you do use a mail client do you get the same error?

If you could PM me a couple of example email address that you have problems with that would be great?

Regards,

Karl

Rasputin
Level 3

Karl,

I mainly use a mail client (Outlook on a pc) and cannot send. So that is when I tried the Online Mailbox and received those errors.

I can type in any valid email address to yahoo, gmail etc and still get the error.

KarlB

Hi @Rasputin,

What error do you get in Outlook? Is it the same?

Regards,

Karl

Rasputin
Level 3

A send error... Even though I use another isp to send through.

KarlB

Hi @Rasputin,

I have raised your email issue to our engineers to take a look at, and requested they give you a call with an update.

Regards,

Karl