TPG Community

Get online support

Excesive Internet Dropouts

tajones01
Level 2

Hi. In the last 5-6 weeks i have been experiencing a large number of Internet Dropouts. Today, i've had at least 8-9 in the last hour; to that end the connection doesn't stay live for more than 5-10 mins (max). I've rebooted the Modem. I've rebooted the PC. Thus far neither has fixed the issue for any length of time. I can connect to the modem (to get to it's settings). I've changed the Channel No. twice now (from 11, to 1, to 9), nort has worked as hoped. Even in the time to type this msg i've lost connection...again. ...and so we start again.

My Modem is the original purchased from TPG when first signed up for TPG/NBN:

Manufacturer: NetComm Wireless
Model: NF12
Build Timestamp: 150515_1500
Serial Number: 15xxxxxxxx7
Firmware Version: GRNV5.TT101B-B-NC-R4B019.EN
Bootloader (CFE) Version: 5.100.-118-0.0
Wireless Driver Version: 5.100.138.23

I've tried other devices to connect and they also fail.

At this point I'm not confident to do any Online Transactions in case a drop out occurs during part way through the process. :- ( According to the NBN, there are no system failues in my location. Hence need someone from TPG's side to check system/status).

regards,

TJones.

1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @tajones01,

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

If you are still experiencing issues, let us have your Customer ID or username via private message so we can assist you further. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G