TPG Community

Get online support

Extreme packet loss - jitter

SOLVED Go to solution
macdizzy
Level 2

Hi All,

Has anyone else has extreme packet loss and jitter. My internet is almost unusable. Packet loss around 10% on average. Which makes VOIP and skype calls for work unusable and I like to game also so can't play.

I'm being pushed back and forth between TPG and NBN co. Had to take two days of work to be at home for both to do test which proved the same thing. There has been no urgency on trying to help with the issue and would appreciate so much anyones help. 

I've done so many ping tests to prove the jiter and packet loss to prove the issues not from inside the house but past the modem.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @macdizzy,

I'm aware that you were able to talk to your assigned engineer. The case was raised to the network engineers, for further investigation and updates will be given once available.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @macdizzy,

I checked your account and learned that this case was already escalated to our NBN Engineers. An NBN technician was sent there yesterday and reported that they've fixed the issue.

I'll chase this up with our NBN Engineers and have someone to contact you within the day.

macdizzy
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV

The issue has not been resolved at all. Not even close. And still yet to even recieve any phone call or update since the NBN vist. Going on 3 weeks now with no help but lost money. 

The NBN visit on friday clearly told me there was an issue and they couldnt fix the problems im having as its not from their end but from TPGs end. I dont care who fixes it but it needs to be fixed. 

This is so frustrating. I've waited more than long enough now. Im basically going to have to cancel my contract soon if this isnt fixed as i need working internet for work.

Please help.

Thanks,

Josh

BasilDV

Hi @macdizzy,

I've seen that a TPG technician was booked today for further investigation between 8AM-12PM. Should you need further assistance. Please let us know.

Cheers!

macdizzy
Level 2
I have an NBN tech who has just been to report once again that there is no issue from their end at the house. After i told the tpg engineering team that i am wasting my time. This is the last time I will be taking time off work to be at home. I’ve lost over $1000 in wages now.
I also told them it’s pointless sending them at these hours as there is normally no issues. The issues are between 5-10pm where it is unusable for what I require. Packet lost of between 10-20% and upload of 1mbps. As they remove your existing phone line you are now expected to use VOIP. But you can’t use VOIP with packet loss and jitter as your voice is a robot and you only hear every 4th word.
I would expect and I’m more than happy with loss of speed during peak hours as this is to be expected. But there should be no packet loss and jitter as I’m receiving.

Regards,

Josh
BasilDV

Thank you @macdizzy,

I'll chase this up with our Engineering team and have someone to contact you today.

BasilDV

Hi @macdizzy,

I'm aware that you were able to talk to your assigned engineer. The case was raised to the network engineers, for further investigation and updates will be given once available.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.