TPG Community

Get online support

FTP upload to user area

SOLVED Go to solution
robm
Level 2

Hi All,

I'm developing a website for our club, and would like to test it on my userpage:

users.tpg.com.au/myname

I've found that in "My Account" there is a primitive page which will let me upload a single file at a time.

Is there an easier option, to upload multiple files in their directory structure using FTP? I tried connecting to users.tpg.com.au/myname via FTP, with and without "users" on the front and "myname" at the end but no luck.

Thanks,

Robm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
robm
Level 2

Googling - it seems to be a router & firewall issue, rather than either Filezilla or TPG's server.
TPG's server passes the ftptest.net test with only warnings that it's using plain FTP, no security.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
drbob
Level 6

Try ftp users.tpg.com.au

And when you get the prompt for name, type your user name followed by enter and when prompted, your password

I am wondering if you could upload a whole directory by using the put command on a directory?

In any event mput exists to enable you to send multiple files.

Robert

robm
Level 2

Thanks Dr Bob.

Nearly.

I tried it earlier with absolutely zero luck.
This time it connected, accepted the password, but then failed:

• Connecting to 203.26.24.80:21...
    Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
    Command: PWD
    Response: 257 "/" is your current location
    Command: TYPE I
    Response: 200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
    Command: PASV
    Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (203,26,24,80,177,7)
    Command: MLSD
    Response: 421 The connection couldn't be accepted: Software caused connection abort
    Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

That is all automatic from Filezilla after I pressed the "Quickconnect" button. It doesn't give the option of manually entering username & password after preliminary connection.

Will try a while later, but seems like it's not going to work.

robm
Level 2

Googling - it seems to be a router & firewall issue, rather than either Filezilla or TPG's server.
TPG's server passes the ftptest.net test with only warnings that it's using plain FTP, no security.

grs1961
Level 3

I've found that the TPG ftp server really only likes plain vanilla FTP connections, done using the bog-standard FTP command line programs, from both UNIX and WIndows.

It took a couple of tries, but it also accepts connections from the NcFTP program, again under both UNIX and Windows.

Using NcFTP I was able to to "mput" a bunch of files, I haven't used Filezilla, and avoid GUI-style FTP programs 'cause I'm a reactionary old ** and NcFTP does the job for me!