TPG Community

Get online support

FTTC Connection dropping in and out

SOLVED Go to solution
distudio
Level 2

Hi,

We have been dealing with constant dropouts and reconnections of our FTTC connection over the last few days, each time the NBN service check page indicates no issue whilst the NBN box has lost the DSL & LAN (sometimes the DSL is lost other times, like 30 seconds ago, the link is lost too, only the power indicator on the NDN box remains lit). Then, sporadically, it comes back. We are working from home (teleconfernencing) and this issue is making it impossibe to work.

I have DSL modem logs, Windows Internet connectivity logs and videos of the NBN box dropping out to illustrate this issue. I have checked the past and current outages lists on the TPG pages and my area does not aapear to be in the affected listed areas.

Is there a reason that this is happening and when will it be resolved?

TPG subscriber since 24 Aug 2009
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Angeli

Hi @distudio

I'll relay your message to our Engineering Team. Please expect the case engineer's call within the day. 

Thanks,

Angeli

View solution in original post

Shane

Hi distudio.

We noticed that our Engineers has reached you earlier today and advised that the issue has been escalated to NBNCo at the moment we are still awaiting updates. Feedback will be provided via SMS or Phone call when it becomes available.

Regards,

Hi, No response from TPG engineering as yet.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Ahra_G

Hi @distudio

There are many factors that can affect your connection: 

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

Seeing the recent update on your account, the connection issue is now raised to our Engineering team for further investigation. Please ensure to keep your modem powered on for remote testing purposes. 

Updates will be communicated via phone call or SMS. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

distudio
Level 2

Thanks. The errors are on the WAN side of the connection, the FTTC NBN box randomly cycles through the boot/start-up proceedure. I'm happy to provide DSL modem logs which show the connections drop-outs.

distudio
Level 2

Plus when connected now the maximum DL rate now apears to be limited to between 10-12 Mbps wheras we typically record 50Mbps or better.

Angeli

Hi @distudio

Your issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team for further investigation and they'll be in contact with you within the day for updates. Your ticket reference number is 12295862. Please keep your modem powered ON for remote testing. 

Regards,

Angeli

distudio
Level 2

Thanks. An NBN tech came out this early morning and replaced the FTTC NTD and we were acheiving subscrition connections speeds earlier this morning, however as of about 30 minutes ago the new NTD has been dropping out of service sporadically, the status indicators showing loss of link (09:23), it's back now (at full speed) but I would suggest that a problem still exisits (likely with the pit side interface).

Angeli

Hi @distudio

I'll relay your message to our Engineering Team. Please expect the case engineer's call within the day. 

Thanks,

Angeli

distudio
Level 2

Shane

Hi distudio.

We noticed that our Engineers has reached you earlier today and advised that the issue has been escalated to NBNCo at the moment we are still awaiting updates. Feedback will be provided via SMS or Phone call when it becomes available.

Regards,

distudio
Level 2

Thanks, I did receive an appointment confiirmation last night jusp past 9pm via SMS, I replied YES to the automated system to OK the appointment (the same as a the day before) instead of 1 (as it's apparently differnt for the NBN system) so there has been no response from NBN. We have experienced dropouts all day making work impossible. If you could instigate an NBN action again that would be appreciated.