FTTC Drop Outs

YouthInRevolt
Level 2

We've had FTTC NBN for almost a year now and the whole time we've been having issues with our internet connection completely dying everytime it rains. We have called TPG numerous times over the months and everytime all we've ever gotten in response is that they'll monitor our internet and send out a technician.

Everytime a technician comes over and checks our internet he says that theres nothing that they can do since the issue is with the copper wiring. TPG customer service does NOT want to do anything about this and is dragging this out for way too long.

Please for the love of god just fix our bloody connection. We have been paying for this service for a long time and hardly getting what we paid for. I'm currently using my phone's data to write this because it just stormed in Melbourne yesterday and my internet has been out ever since.

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @YouthInRevolt ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us. We're sad to know that you're having issue with the service. If our Engineers assessment result indicates that the issue is caused by Internal Cabling unfortunately TPG do not have a control to fix it.

We tried to use your community details to pull up the account unfortunately it does not show any matching records. To better understand the situation, we'd like to get your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

In case yo need a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

Shane

Hi @YouthInRevolt ,

Thanks for sending me your details. We're able to locate the account and we've seen that this dropouts has been raised twice last October, 2019 and was confirmed fix.

The 1st escalation was 9th of October and we dispatched an NBN Technician to check the connection. The technician cleaned the DPU port and confirmed that the service was working on the 13th of October.

However, the same issue occurred that the 20th of the same month, October. But the dropout was gone after monitoring and confirmed working on the 21st of October .

The assessment of both escalated fault shows no report of a known internal issue.

We ran an initial test of the service it shows a dropout but it indicates that the service connection has been refreshed to our network and currently connected for 6h 33m.

If you still experience dropouts with the same. We'd like to confirm the follow.

• What device(s) is affected with the dropouts.
  • Is there a specific time dropouts occur? If so, please indicate the time.

Regards,

YouthInRevolt
Level 2

If you still experience dropouts with the same. We'd like to confirm the follow.

• What device(s) is affected with the dropouts.
  • Is there a specific time dropouts occur? If so, please indicate the time.

All devices connected to our internet is affected.

We've told customer support many times the internet drops out whenever it is raining.

Joseph_D

@YouthInRevolt I think I have an idea of the cause of the issue, but I need to know, does the connection stabilise immediately after the rain stops?

YouthInRevolt
Level 2

Sometimes the internet comes back right after the rain has stopped. A lot of the times if there was heavy rain it'll come back hours later at most I believe 12 hours.

Shane

Hi @YouthInRevolt,

Thanks for the additional details.

Unfortunately we cannot raise this issue to our Engineering Team for investigation as the connection is currently stable for almost a day now, 21h 21m.

What we can do is to wait till the issue occur. Do you know where the NBN-PIT is located? We'd like to confirm if it you're able to notice if the NBN-PIT gets flooded when it rains.

For now we'll leave this thread open and in the event that it rains and the dropouts occur. Notify us on this thread and we'll take necessary action.

Let me know should you require further assistance.