TPG Community

Get online support

FTTN NBN constantly disconnects

vibe
Level 2

Service has been fine for the last few months, but yesterday it began disconnecting and nothing I have tried can fix it. I have reset both the NBN box and my router (Asus RT-AC87U), checked the connections, rebooted my computer, nothing helps.

If I wait and refresh my router page it will eventually reconnect, I'll get a period of between 5 mins and half an hour, and then it will disconnect again.

It will be a miracle if I can even submit this post first time.

6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @vibe

Thanks for raising this with us.

We've raised the case with our Engineering team for further investigation and an assigned Engineer will be in touch with you via SMS or phone call within 24 to 48 hours as soon as an update becomes available.

BasilDV

vibe
Level 2

vibe
Level 2

Now just constant disconnections and reconnections, basically unusable. Unbelievable that this is Australia's attempt to deliver a fibre network. How embarasing.

BasilDV

Hi @vibe

Your service is still being investigated by our Engineering team.

Once an update becomes available, your assigned Engineer will be in touch with you via SMS or phone call.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

BasilDV

vibe
Level 2

Hi again. An NBN engineer came out yesterday and did some work on the internal wallsocket, but the issue is still happening. Two disconnections this morning so far. It's not as bad as it was over the weekend, but it's still disruptive and frustrating, especially as I am working from home.

Riezl

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this ongoing issue is causing you, vibe. We have forwarded your message to our Engineering Team and we have advised the case engineer to contact you to further discuss the matter.