Welcome to the community,
Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?
I have the same problem too. I have held off changing from ADSL to NBN. Kept getting calls from TPG customer service for me to switch and I finally switched when i was promised that my data allowance would be the same as before and now with nbn I will pay $10 less a month for faster speed as long as I sign up for 18 months. 2 weeks into converting to NBN, I received an email to say I have exceeded 10GB and my internet speed has been shaped. When I logged into the my account, it showed I exceeded 10GB within a day and that day I was not even home!!! When I rang up the customer service and technical support, I was given the spiel "we have records to show you did exceed your usage that day" and will send you your usage reports while we investigate and was asked questions like if I keep my modem all the time. I know what the usage report says but I am saying it is not accurate. I am not a gamer, and only ocassionally watch netflix on weekends and don't have any fancy attachments to my modem. How could I have exceeded data when I wasn't even home to use it? And I have read the forums that even turning your modem off there will be some usage. I would like an explanation from TPG what exactly is TPG's modem and downloads doing even when the user is not home that could clock usage? If There is no reasonable explanation, I am cancelling my contract and going to ACCC to lodge an official investigation into this.
Welcome to the Community!
We were able to locate your account using your community details.
The data collection of our server is accurate. If you have any dispute, it will be investigated for us to provide reasonable resolution.
Could you please advise the dates that you would like to be investigated? Also, please send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted by our Senior tech team to discuss the case further.
How can you say the data collection of your server is accurate when
1) your server clocked 10GB on the day I wasn't home. ( 24th October)
2) when questioned, your technical support said usage on 24th October is recorded on 23th October (the day before???)
3) I wasn't even home on 23rd Oct, which means BOTH days 23th and 24th October (23rd Oct being a public holiday)
4) when questioned further, your technical support said based on past usage reports ( the accuracy of which we are questioning here) I have exceeded 10GB when I was on ADSL but they were more lenient in the past, with NBN it is different.
5) When asked if TPG has hour by hour tracking, there was none available.
6) When TPG customer service rang me to get me to upgrade to NBN S Bundle on the 10GB plan as suitable based on my previous ADSL usage, citing they are shutting ADSL down and I have to change to NBN by November. Please don't tell me now that I have always exceeded my data usage on ADSL and the NBN plan recommended based on past usage now needs to be upgraded.
Your customer service team has rang me once over the weekend and there is no resolution to date.