First Impressions

onemadgooner
Level 3

So I've been with Telstra for probabably close to 15 years, Decided with the NBN Change to try TPG.

Cable was installed today, NBN tech helped set it up,all 4 solid lights on the NBN box so we tested and did some speedtest.net testing and went to google.com, Internet working no probs

20mins later, the 3rd light starts to flash (upstream), 3.5hrs later, still flashing, tried the reboot, nothing, called support, not able to help and need to log a job 

20mins working and now dead.......Not a great first impression guys 

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @onemadgooner,

We apologise for the inconvenience.

We checked the update with the lodged case and it appears that the service is already working.

There's no information on what happened with the service, but it seems stable now.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Regards,

BasilDV

onemadgooner
Level 3

yeah the installer did an extrememlly dodgy job, the plate ripped out of the wall already from the pressure of the cable behind, he drilled straight into gyprock with no plugs or plate behind it....Managed to go to bunnings and fix it myself, after unglugging and reconnecting everything it started working again so its obviously popped off or lose somehow....... up and running again and going ok (although nowhere near the "average 42mb/s in peak time" you guys promised but quicker than what I was getting on ADSL so cant complain too much ;-) 

BasilDV

Thank you for sharing what you've done to fix the issue, @onemadgooner.

We've created an article that will guide you on how to troubleshoot the slow speed issue.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Regards,

BasilDV

onemadgooner
Level 3

Yeah its working ok, streaming to telly, chromecast, Smart devices are alot quicker response wise but you say "typical eveening speeds", im not seeing anywhere near 42mbs between 7-11pm is my point thats all 

BasilDV

Please understand that the actual throughput speeds may vary due to various factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG or other service provider.

You may also check the troubleshooting given on the link in case it will help you improve your service.

Regards,

BasilDV