TPG Community

Get online support

Frequent Dropouts on NBN HFC every Thursday

SOLVED Go to solution
arrikhan
Level 3

Hi, 

I've been working from home quite a lot recently and have noticed the last two Thursdays, a lot of resets/dropouts are occurring. I've started recording statistics to that end and wanted to know what activities are causing this? There were 10 interruiptions today and 10 again last thursday. I can proivide times if this helps anyone idenitfy the cause.

This is interrupting phone calls, webex session I host, all internet. It is usually quick, but takes a few minutes to restore and I have to start all sessions again that were cancelled becauise internet disruptions.

My internal network and the modem supplied by TPG still operates, the logs tell me LCP Down on these events.

Is there a known issue or disruptive change activity reserved for Thursdays to add new users?

Looking for a resolution.

Regards,

Arrikhan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @arrikhan,

Welcome to TPG Community!

I checked the account and was not able to detect any issues on the network as of the moment.

There's no known issue that the connection or service will drop every Thursday or any day. Is there any changes of activity that you are doing every Thursday compared to any other day?

Have you noticed any changes on the lights in your NBN Box and TPG modem?

We need more information as this is a rare case which is evident on a specific day.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BasilDV

Hi @arrikhan,

Welcome to TPG Community!

I checked the account and was not able to detect any issues on the network as of the moment.

There's no known issue that the connection or service will drop every Thursday or any day. Is there any changes of activity that you are doing every Thursday compared to any other day?

Have you noticed any changes on the lights in your NBN Box and TPG modem?

We need more information as this is a rare case which is evident on a specific day.

Thanks.

arrikhan
Level 3

I've been tracking my dropouts since being back from holidays and have noticed a regular occurance of interruption to service. I'm tracking the log files from archer VR1600 modem and notice the timeout on PPP error coincides with disruption (as seen in screen capture)

Somestimes the NTD recycles (device appears to be re-synching), sometimes it doesn't and all ligts are on but internet is unavailable.

I also notice this router is VERY hot most of the time, and compared to my other equipment ... extreme. Not sure what normal is for this router.

Can you please assist..

image.png