TPG Community

Get online support

Frequent Dropouts on NBN HFC

djw
Level 2
Level 2

Yep. Same frequent drop outs here. Reported to TPG - told there were too many devices connected.

Really! So at 2 am, 4 am and 6 am when one person only is  trying to use the internet and it drops out there are too many devices!! 

It's 2018 for crying out loud - most households have more than one device (iPads, mobile phones, laptops, gaming consoles) and TPG NBN can't handle more than one device!

This NBN is a joke - I had no trouble at all with adsl2. I'm not happy with TPG's response to my complaint either. I'm seriously considering trying another NBN provider - someone with better customer service than TPG.

Forget about subscribing to Netflix because this TPG NBN cannot handle streaming with all the constant dropouts.

Any suggestions because I am sick of having to constantly reset the modem.

Mc_Gerald

Hi @djw,

Welcome to TPG community!

Please understand that in most situations simply switching RSP's won't help. The issues are usually attributed to the outside line or something in your home network. Having said that, I would like to take this opportunity to help you and have this further investigated and see what can be done to improve the speed of your connection.

We've managed to run some remote test and we are currently not seeing line issues that can affect the speed of your service. In fact, I see high data usage recorded.

I would like to schedule a call back from our technical team for additional troubleshooting assistance. Can we contact you using the contact number on file? If yes, kindly advise us your preferred contact time.

Need help online? Please check our self help options located here.

Kind regards,

Mc