TPG Community

Get online support

Frequent drop out of ADSL2+

soltarian
Level 3

Hi there,

For the past 2 days, I'm getting frequent small dropouts with my ADSL2+.

I've ran a few speed tests and those are fine and similar to what I used to get.  I only noticed the dropouts when I play online game or during work (I work from home) where I need a constant connection.

I've already done all the basic troubleshooting (restart modem, different wall socket, etc...).  I'm back to my original setup which has been fine for the past 6 months.

Anyone able to advise if there's an issue with the line?  Or the service?  Or something else?

Thanks,
Max

16 REPLIES 16
Shane

Hi @soltarian

Welcome to the community!

We're sad to know that you're having issue with the service. We'd love to help and get to the bottom of this, we're able to locate your account using your community and ran an initial test. The result shows a possible line fault causing dropouts.

We'd like to get your best contact number and preferred time, we'll have one of our Technicians call you for further investigation and real-time testing.

In case you need a reference:

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @soltarian ,

Thanks for sending me your details. We arranged our Technicians to contact you tomorrow between 9-12NN AEST. Make sure to keep your mobile phone available for the incoming call, let us know how it will go and should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

soltarian
Level 3

Thanks @Shane 

Just got off the phone with one of your technicians.  They've tried a few things and confirmed that there is a line fault.  They've escalated to one of their engineers and I should get an update within 24h.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks,
Max

Will

Hi @soltarian

From what we can tell, this has been raised to Telstra. Our Engineering Team has sent you an SMS advising you as to when Telstra can check your line. Further updates about this case and the outcome of the tech visit will be provided to you via SMS or phone call by an Engineer. Should you have other concerns or queries, feel free to leave a comment.

Regards,

soltarian
Level 3

Hi @Will 

I did receive a text saying a Telstra tech will check my service in the next couple of days.

I'll keep you posted!

Thanks,
Max

Will

Thanks for confirming that you're able to receive it, @soltarian

We're here if you need our assistance further. Cheers!

soltarian
Level 3

Hi @Will and @Shane ,

I have received a text and email saying that Ticket number # 9755830 was resolved.
I did notice the internet dropping out this morning which probably would have been when the Telstra technician was here.

However, I'm still experiencing the frequent dropouts.

If it helps, see attached for sample ping to google I've done.

Thanks,
Max

Shane

Thanks for getting back to us, @soltarian.

We ran an initial test to the service it shows multiple dropouts but no line fault were detected. We'll re-escalate this with our Engineering Team for another assessment and updates will be provided by one of our Engineers.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Cheers!

BasilDV

Hi @soltarian,

It appears that the intermittent connection issue has been resolved by our Engineers.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Regards,

BasilDV