TPG Community

Get online support

Frequent planned maintenance outages

rlopez167
Level 3

I am getting frustrated with the frequent planned maintenance outages.  I have my home line, internet and mobiles with TPG.  When the service goes down I am helpless and unable to do things.  This has been a regular occurence during covid when my son had to do his school work online and I needed the internet for work.  I thought that the new year will be different but no so.  Service down on 02/01/22.  Why is TPG not compensating for the loss service when have paid for but not be able to use?  It is getting frustrating that I am looking for an alternative to this provider.

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Our apologies for the inconvenience, service maintenance are usually scheduled during off peak time however, there are situations that an immediate maintenance is needed to ensure continued performance on the network. While we will endeavour to make NBN Access services available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, NBN Access services are not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, or the speed, performance or quality of the service.

To better understand the situation, send me a Private Message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

I am getting frustrated with the frequent planned maintenance outages.  I have my home line, internet and mobiles with TPG.  When the service goes down I am helpless and unable to do things.  This has been a regular occurence during covid when my son had to do his school work online and I needed the internet for work.  I thought that the new year will be different but no so.  Service down on 02/01/22.  Why is TPG not compensating for the loss service when have paid for but not be able to use?  It is getting frustrating that I am looking for an alternative to this provider.

ashalim
Level 2

Hi,

The area around Hurstville, my house included have had the "maintenance" message since Friday night! (5/5/2023) and yet another one scheduled on 17th May!

We still can't connect. NCD(DSL) light is off on the NBN box and still have the "maintenance" message in your status page.

Note, my neighbour (next lot) is with TPG with the same FTTC and they are up and running. We've tried resetting both NBN Box and the router but no luck.

No other NBN provider have these much downtime for my area!

Shane

Our apologies for the inconvenience, service maintenance are usually scheduled during off peak time however, there are situations that an immediate maintenance is needed to ensure continued performance on the network.

Hi,

The area around Hurstville, my house included have had the "maintenance" message since Friday night! (5/5/2023) and yet another one scheduled on 17th May!

We still can't connect. NCD(DSL) light is off on the NBN box and still have the "maintenance" message in your status page.

Note, my neighbour (next lot) is with TPG with the same FTTC and they are up and running. We've tried resetting both NBN Box and the router but no luck.

No other NBN provider have these much downtime for my area!