Game Ping

tanner
Level 2

Hi, 

I have been getting abnormally high ping when playing games on australian servers. I have done numerous ping tests to the server locations and apparently I am getting 15ms of ping which is what I would normally experience in-game. However recently it has been quite high at 130 and it only seems to be on the game.

Here is what happens... something is timing out in the server ?? please help. I want to fix this issue ASAP

Capture.JPG

13 REPLIES 13
Shane

Hi @tanner,

Welcome to the community!

We'd like to confirm if the latency issue occur on a specific time. Also, what troubleshooting have you done so far? We tried to use your community details to pull up the account unfortunately it does not show any matching records.

Please PM me your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @tanner,

Thanks for sending me your details. We're able to locate your account using your given details and ran an initial test. The result shows no line fault and we noticed that the service has been connected for 5weeks 6d 22h 33m now.

Please turn off the modem/router for 2-3mins and once it re-establish the connection re-run another Tracert and Ping Test send us the test result.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

tanner
Level 2

Hi Shane.

I turned the modem off for 5 minutes and reconnected, but am still getting the same issue. 

Capture.JPG

the servers for this game are in sydney, and my response time to sydney is the usual 15ms.. so why is it timing out and re-routing elsewhere with higher ping? 

Tanner

nollhome
Level 2

I am currently having this exact same issue but not just with OldSchool Runescape also with Rocket League and the new CoD:Modern Warfare, they're all around 100 - 150 ms now instead of the usual 20 - 30 ms. Spoke with someone on the phone from Support and got no where unfortunately.

Shane

Hi @tanner,

For comparative testing purposes. Is it possible to connect your Desktop/Laptop to your mobile data (hotspot) and run a tracert? If so, please post the test result on this thread.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @nollhome,

Welcome to the community!

Please run a tracert for the game affected by the latency issue and post on this thread. Also, PM me your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

Cheers!

tanner
Level 2

@Shane 

Yes I have done this but my phone provider is Optus and not TPG. I get lower ping using this (jumps between 60 and 80) but hotspot is not as reliable as cable internet. 

nollhome
Level 2

@Shane All to most servers are located in Sydney, just very unusual for it to be a sudden change of latenecy but too happen across different games is the weird part. Getting to be quite confusing now.

Shane

Thanks, @tanner.

Please post a screen shot of the test result on this thread for testing purposes.

Cheers!