HFC NBN Dropping out

martinfowell
Level 2

Hi there, wondering if you are able to help. I have HFC NBN with TPG. Have an ARRIS CM8200 Modem, and a TP-Link Archer VR1600v router - both as supplied during the installation.

Transitioned from TPG ADSL 2+ around June last year. All was going well up until about 2 weeks ago, when we started experiencing dropouts.

At the moment we are getting approximately 2-3 dropouts per day. When it drops out, powering down the router, then powering it back up again appears to not fix the problem. However powering down the modem, and powering it back up again does appear to fix the problem (though takes about 5 minutes or so).

On the modem, when it drops out, I have observed both:

- All 4 LEDs remaining lit. 

- All but the ONLINE LED remaining lit. The ONLINE LED was flashing.

At one stage I logged into the router, and had a look around for some logs, or useful info (including via "Advanced", "System Tools", "System Log" - which for whatever reason is always blank), but found nothing useful. I did start keeping a log of the dropouts however.

On one occasion, when the internet dropped out, we happened to have the TV on at the same time. I noticed some pixelation and display artifacts occuring on the foxtel signal.

Can you please assist in resolving this issue.

Thanks

Martin Fowell

1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @martinfowell,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We'd like to look into this and help with the resolution. We have located an account using your community details, but we'd like to make sure that we got the right one.

Please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address. To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community