TPG Community

Get online support

HFC NBN - Slow Speeds & Drop Outs Since Saturday - Internet Unusable

racer_x
Level 3
My internet service is currently unusable. Drop outs and speed issues since the weekend. We are connected to the Rose Bay exchange in NSW.

This is my speed test while standing next to the Wi-Fi router (Archer VR-1600v): http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/831fc890-9f49-11ec-9746-3fb287b4589d

0.2Mbps down and 18.9Mbps up

I am meant to be on the 100Mbps "Superfast" plan.

I logged a ticket using the TPG App yesterday, but no response as yet. The ticket does not appear in the app either.

I am unable to work and I need this fixed urgently.
7 REPLIES 7
Ahra_G

Hi @racer_x,

In order to confirm if you are getting a slow connection speed, you may check this directly with your modem/router.

Are you using a WiFi or a Wired connection when you tested the speed? This article might help you troubleshoot your speed issue:

Upon checking, you are currently subscribed to the NBN50 plan. Furthermore, remote test indicated that your modem is currently detecting a sync speed of 47Mbps from the line which you can confirm when you log in to your modem's user interface. It appears that the problem is getting the result to show up on your devices.

I have organised a call to be made today, 10 March 2022 from our Tech team so they can perform troubleshooting along with you. If you have a preferred time, please do let us know. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

My internet service is currently unusable. Drop outs and speed issues since the weekend. We are connected to the Rose Bay exchange in NSW.

This is my speed test while standing next to the Wi-Fi router (Archer VR-1600v): http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/831fc890-9f49-11ec-9746-3fb287b4589d

0.2Mbps down and 18.9Mbps up

I am meant to be on the 100Mbps "Superfast" plan.

I logged a ticket using the TPG App yesterday, but no response as yet. The ticket does not appear in the app either.

I am unable to work and I need this fixed urgently.

racer_x
Level 3

Hi @Ahra_G 

I am on the NBN Cable Broadband Unlimited Superfast (F) Plan. This is meant to be a 100Mbps plan.

I have just restarted the NBN connection box and the Archer VR1600v. I ran another speed test connected via LAN. The result is here: http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/c1f00d70-a02d-11ec-9c0c-b51ba157990b

Ping: 13ms. Download: 0.4Mbs. Upload: 21.1Mbps

Note that uploads are normal at around 20.0Mbps, but downloads are sub ADSL speed. I ran the same test this morning for the helpdesk team.

Is it a broken modem? That modem is probably coming on 5-6 years old.

Can you please escalate this? Can the tech team call me on the mobile - I am home now.

Where do I get to see the sync speed on the modem?

Ahra_G

Hi @racer_x, I realised that the issue is now raised to our Engineering team for further investigation. 

Please ensure to keep the modem connected and turned on for remote testing purposes. Further updates will be provided via phone call or SMS. 

Feel free to let us know should you require further assistance. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

racer_x
Level 3

Hi @Ahra_G 

I should have mentioned - I have 2 accounts with TPG.

The issue is with the home address (Dover Heights NSW).

I am not home at the moment but the modem is always on.

Thank you

racer_x
Level 3
It dropped out twice so far today both times requiring a reset of the NBN connection box and modem.
Ahra_G

Thanks for clarifying, @racer_x

We'd appreciate if you can also provide the Customer ID/username via private message of the other service so we can note both accounts on our end. 

-Ahra_G

racer_x
Level 3
Usernames sent.
It seems a reboot fixes things temporarily. Download speed is normal initially.
Speed test at 8pm after restart showed 140Mbps. Speed test 10 hours later shows 50Mbps.