TPG Community

Get online support

Have I made a terrible mistake signing up to TPG NBN FTTC

hurtthebird
Level 2

Hi,

I am switching from Telstra HFC connection (that was around before the NBN) that I have had for 4 years now. It's been rock solid, it costs a bit extra but its been worth not tearing my hair out. Before that I was with TPG ADSL2+ which was horse**. 

Have a made a mistake switching back to TPG on the NBN FTTC?

I am pretty sure my lead in cable is faulty. Haven't had a working landline for ages. Will TPG/NBN replace that promptly? 

Is TPG still terrible in general? Are there many drop outs? I probably had 2 dropouts in 4 years with Telstra.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Shane

Hi @hurtthebird ,

Thanks for raising this to us. If the lead-in cable is faulty you probably had the same issue with the previous provider since all ISPs are dependent on NBN's network. We'd love to help see the status of the network connection to NBN Co. To better understand the situation, shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@hurtthebird wrote:

Hi,

I am switching from Telstra HFC connection (that was around before the NBN) that I have had for 4 years now. It's been rock solid, it costs a bit extra but its been worth not tearing my hair out. Before that I was with TPG ADSL2+ which was horse**. 

Have a made a mistake switching back to TPG on the NBN FTTC?

I am pretty sure my lead in cable is faulty. Haven't had a working landline for ages. Will TPG/NBN replace that promptly? 

Is TPG still terrible in general? Are there many drop outs? I probably had 2 dropouts in 4 years with Telstra.

Thanks.

hurtthebird
Level 2

Just for clarifying. I did not have any issues with my previous ISP as that was Telstra and they connected me to their HFC network. 
The HFC network used a different lead in cable, and different network to the NBN FTTC or any DSL service I have had in the past. Any DSL dependent service I have had in the past have all been trash because the balanced pair copper lead in cable for that is broken.  
Although I have not had a working home phone for years as the balanced pair copper lead in cable is broken.
My NBN FTTC service is awaiting the connection of the network equipment I have been sent, by me. I have attempted this but my lead in cable is broken so no link can be made. I just get a flashing blue chain light on the network equipment. The installation cannot continue till NBN replaces my lead in cable.

Shane

Hi @hurtthebird,

Thanks for the additional details and sending me your details. I was able to locate the account and I can see that the we received the NBN service application this Monday, 1st of March. Please understand that Installation of NBN service generally takes less than 10 business days but can take longer in some cases, depending on the demand of NBN services in your area and the availability of the NBN technician to perform the installation.

We will raise this to our NBN Provisioning Team for further investigation expect them to contact you within 24-48hrs. 

Regards,

Just for clarifying. I did not have any issues with my previous ISP as that was Telstra and they connected me to their HFC network. 
The HFC network used a different lead in cable, and different network to the NBN FTTC or any DSL service I have had in the past. Any DSL dependent service I have had in the past have all been trash because the balanced pair copper lead in cable for that is broken.  
Although I have not had a working home phone for years as the balanced pair copper lead in cable is broken.
My NBN FTTC service is awaiting the connection of the network equipment I have been sent, by me. I have attempted this but my lead in cable is broken so no link can be made. I just get a flashing blue chain light on the network equipment. The installation cannot continue till NBN replaces my lead in cable.

hurtthebird
Level 2

Thanks for your reply. 

I would like to clarify that TPG notified me by text message that my service was ready for me to connect my network equipment in my house as of the evening of 02/02/2021.
I quote the text "Your NBN service is awaiting activation. You're required to connect your NBN modem."
I did connect my equipment but the lead-in cable is broken. The installation will not be able to proceed unless TPG/NBN replace's the lead-in cable at my address.

Shane

Hi @hurtthebird,

Thanks for the additional information, expect one of our Provisioning Case Manager to contact you tomorrow between 10-12NN NSW.

Make sure to keep your mobile available for the call and let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

Thanks for your reply. 

I would like to clarify that TPG notified me by text message that my service was ready for me to connect my network equipment in my house as of the evening of 02/02/2021.
I quote the text "Your NBN service is awaiting activation. You're required to connect your NBN modem."
I did connect my equipment but the lead-in cable is broken. The installation will not be able to proceed unless TPG/NBN replace's the lead-in cable at my address.

Shane

Hi @hurtthebird,

We can see that you have been in contact with one of our Provisioning Case Manager and provided the update related to the lead in cable issue.

Further updates will be provided when it becomes available, let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

hurtthebird
Level 2

Hi my FTTC serviec activated last week. The phone was working. I could make and receive calls. But now my phone has stopped working. It says line busy all the time. I checked all connections and restarded the equipment but it didn't help.

BasilDV

Hi @hurtthebird

We checked the account and tested the line but was not able to detect any fault.

We've refreshed the service remotely. Please check the service again and let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

hurtthebird
Level 2

It still does not work. There is a constant tone instead of the dial tone.