Help

LESGGinSyd
Level 2
Hello, I want to become a TPG customer but I have a few inquiries.

1. I want to get a nbn 100 plan but my modem is a NDD-0300, will I be able to get to max speeds with it or will it bottleneck my connection. If yes do I need to get a modem from TPG when I subscribe ?

2. When I subscribe do I need a specific router from TPG ?

3. When I subscribe does someone need to come install it or will I immediately have a connection at my address?

Thank you in advance for your reply.
2 REPLIES 2
david64
Master

Hi @LESGGinSyd . NDD-0300 is the "NBN box" provided by NBNCo for FTTC connection (connection using existing copper wiring). It can handle the 100Mbps plan. You need a wifi router which connects to it and provides connection for ethernet or wifi devices.

If you want to use the VOIP phone service from TPG (or if you just want to keep your landline number), you have to use a wifi router from them. 

Otherwise, the plan is BYO router data only (no VOIP service). Most routers are suitable. Following is a selection of suitable routers. List is not complete. Which one depends on your needs: number of users, browsing or streaming or gaming, cost.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/NBN-BYO-Modem-Hardware-Compatibility/ba-p/107845

Since you have the FTTC box already connected, there is no further work at your house to connect to NBN apart from connecting up your router, whichever one you get. NBN and TPG make some settings in their networks. The NDD0300 should have at least the first 2 lights on; indicates it is connected to the DPU under the footpath.

Shane

Hey, @LESGGinSyd

We do not have information about NDD-0300. Hence we provide compatible modem/router to our TPG-NBN plans also you can utilise the VoIP using our device.

You have the option to use our supplied modem or if you will choose to sign up with our NBN-BYO plan, you may check this list. 

List of Non-TPG supplied Modem/Routers for use with TPG NBN BYO Data Only Plans

Installation of NBN service generally takes less than 10 business days but can take longer in some cases, depending on the demand of NBN services in your area and the availability of the NBN technician to perform the installation.

You will be sent an email notification confirming the installation date and timeframe. We will also notify you if a technician appointment is required to install your NBN service. 

Shoot us a PM with your contact details together with the address so we can arrange our Sales Team to contact you to check the availability.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hello, I want to become a TPG customer but I have a few inquiries.

1. I want to get a nbn 100 plan but my modem is a NDD-0300, will I be able to get to max speeds with it or will it bottleneck my connection. If yes do I need to get a modem from TPG when I subscribe ?

2. When I subscribe do I need a specific router from TPG ?

3. When I subscribe does someone need to come install it or will I immediately have a connection at my address?

Thank you in advance for your reply.