TPG Community

Get online support

High Line Attenuation and Drop-offs

padmest215
Level 3
Hi,
my FTTN experienced drop-off in every few days, long DSL initialing time (like 5 mins), and difficulties for DSL connection.

Here is the Line Status from the TP-LINK modem.
DSL Modulation Type: VDSL2
Annex Type: Annex A/L/M

Upstream Downstream

Current Rate (kbps)197714656
Max Rate (kbps)197733350
SNR Margin (dB)6.821.2
Line Attenuation (dB)102.331.4
Errors (pkts)00

the Upstream Max Rate can be as low as 600,  SNR Margin is around 6 to 7, Line Attenuation  is mostly over 100.

I have test some new cables from the wall socket to modem, but the Line Status is the same as the old cables. 

The cable in the underground pit/box outside my fence have been repaired twice in last five years, maybe it is damaged again? 

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @padmest215 ,

Thanks for raising this to us. We'd love to help see what causing dropouts on the service, we tried to use your community details to pull up the account unfortunately it shows no matching records. 

To better understand the situation, please shoot me a private message with your accoutn details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@padmest215 wrote:
Hi,
my FTTN experienced drop-off in every few days, long DSL initialing time (like 5 mins), and difficulties for DSL connection.

Here is the Line Status from the TP-LINK modem.
DSL Modulation Type: VDSL2
Annex Type: Annex A/L/M

Upstream Downstream

Current Rate (kbps) 1977 14656
Max Rate (kbps) 1977 33350
SNR Margin (dB) 6.8 21.2
Line Attenuation (dB) 102.3 31.4
Errors (pkts) 0 0

the Upstream Max Rate can be as low as 600,  SNR Margin is around 6 to 7, Line Attenuation  is mostly over 100.

I have test some new cables from the wall socket to modem, but the Line Status is the same as the old cables. 

The cable in the underground pit/box outside my fence have been repaired twice in last five years, maybe it is damaged again? 

padmest215
Level 3

After the call from Engineering Team,  I changed the modem connection from the older 610 wall socket to newer RJ11 socket, but not much change of Line Status

Upstream   Downstream

Current Rate (kbps)67114656
Max Rate (kbps)67130543
SNR Margin (dB)6.420
Line Attenuation (dB)75.532.1
Errors (pkts)0338
Shane

Hi @padmest215,

Thanks for the update, we'll raise this to our Engineering Team for additional reference on the ongoing investigation.

Regards,

After the call from Engineering Team,  I changed the modem connection from the older 610 wall socket to newer RJ11 socket, but not much change of Line Status

Upstream   Downstream

Current Rate (kbps)67114656Max Rate (kbps)67130543SNR Margin (dB)6.420Line Attenuation (dB)75.532.1Errors (pkts)0338