TPG Community

Get online support

High-Speed NBN BYO Modem Requirements

SOLVED Go to solution
Maddos
Level 2

I have been looking at the devices in the list.

Can I please clarify - they all appear to be routers, not modems.

Once the NBN is installed, is one of these routers all that is required, or is there another modem required as well?

Shane

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

Most of them are Router but with Authentication Feature which is used to connect to the internet.

• PPPoE connection types
  • Gigabit Ethernet ports
  • AC WiFi or WiFi 6 (for WiFi connections).

For TPG NBN High-speed BYO plan you are required to have a modem/router capable of high-speed transmission. 

• Up to 300Mbps over WiFi
  • Up to 600Mbps over Ethernet

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

I have been looking at the devices in the list.

Can I please clarify - they all appear to be routers, not modems.

Once the NBN is installed, is one of these routers all that is required, or is there another modem required as well?

sheeper0601
Level 2

Hi,

I just upgraded my plan to ultrafast plan and also purchase one of the suggested router in the list D-link x5460. Unfortunately I am not able to make it work and surprisingly find out people with this model have been reporting connection issues. There seems to be no solution yet. I strongly suggest TPG remove this model from the list. Otherwise it not only wastes our time and money to return the router and get a different machine and also wastes your time to repeatedly answer our questions for a knownly issue.

Please recommend a modem or router which really works. Thanks

‐-----------------------------------------------------------

Update on 05/09/2021

For anyone who is still struggling with connection issues,

I update the firmware to v1.1 then disable VLan. It is working fine now 👍

shaygb
Level 2

Hi, 

I just bought the D-LINK DIR-5460, my modem wont connect to tpg internet. Ive updated to 1.10 firmware, did a reset all with no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? ive got Triple play turned off as ive been told to do.

thanks in advance

Shane

Hi @shaygb,

Welcome to the community!

What troubleshooting have you performed? Have you tried to check these articles? 

Regards,

Hi, 

I just bought the D-LINK DIR-5460, my modem wont connect to tpg internet. Ive updated to 1.10 firmware, did a reset all with no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? ive got Triple play turned off as ive been told to do.

thanks in advance