TPG Community

Get online support

High ping to TPG servers

Level 2

I've been playing FPS games (PUBG) using and signing into servers in singapore using NordVPN. Just the other day my ping's have gone from ~110ms to ~230ms. After doing some tracert diagnostics I've noticed that the issue is with TPG servers and the ping hits ~100ms after the 3rd hop in the route which is still in Sydney. 

See below where I'm doing a tracert to a NordVPN server in Singapore (192.166.246.140) and the server syd-apt-ros-crt ...tpgi.com.au gets to 100ms. I feel this is a TPG issue that needs to be resolved but surprised it hasnt been an issue for anyone else?

I also did some other tests where I VPNd to a server in Perth before pinging the Singapore server and the issue disappeared. This makes me suspect that depending on the routing rules, there is a dodgy server somewhere so not all traffic is impacted by the high latency. 

Tracing route to 192.166.246.140 over a maximum of 30 hops

1     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  ARCHER_VR1600V [192.168.0.1]
  2     7 ms     7 ms     7 ms  10.20.21.36
  3   101 ms   101 ms   100 ms  syd-apt-ros-crt3-be-200.tpgi.com.au [203.29.134.110]
  4    99 ms   100 ms   101 ms  cbr-apt-mar-crt2-Gi4-0-0.tpg.com.au [203.26.22.50]
  5   100 ms   100 ms   100 ms  per-apt-stg-crt1-be10.tpgi.com.au [203.219.58.177]
  6   102 ms   103 ms   101 ms  sin-eqx-aye-int1-Hu-0-0-0-20.tpg.com.au [203.219.107.114]
  7   230 ms   231 ms   230 ms  ix-be-11.ecore3.esin4-singapore.as6453.net [180.87.108.134]
  8   238 ms   239 ms   238 ms  180.87.7.81
  9   230 ms   230 ms   230 ms  192.166.246.140

Trace complete.
16 REPLIES 16
BasilDV

Hi @4992895 

Are you connected to NordVPN while performing a tracert?

Have you tried to run tracert, while disconnected to your VPN?

Kindly send us a private message with your account details for further checking.

BasilDV

david64
Level 15

No @BasilDV . I'd say user is doing tracert from the local network. That is why there are tpg routers listed. 

If ussr was connected to vpn, there would be routers of Nordvpn network shown.

You can do this tracert yourself, being on TPG network.

@4992895 

Level 2

As David64 said, no VPN on otherwise tracert won't show things like the local network. 

I've also now repeated the same test by hotspotting from my mobile internet and ping is closer to ~140ms. Probably higher given its over a 4G network but still much better than ~230ms which makes me feel a bit more confident its slow node in the route somewhere. 

lucas2
Level 2

This issue has been happening since September 2022. If you search the forum you can find many posts dating back to Setember 2022 but unfortunately not many people use a forum for support. I know someone who had to sit on a phone call for hours back and forth with TPG for them to finally acknowledge that there is a big issue and it's completely on them. TPG have continued to ignore it and reject potential solutions from other major networks who this is effecting. I have had hundreds of complaints in the past month alone from people who use TPG or one of their owned ISP who share the same TPG network.

Huge networks have continuously tried to find a resolution with TPG and were forced to apply their own short term solutions to fix TPGs own issue. This is not sustainable and it all comes down to TPG and if they are actually going to fix their network and the hundreds of thousands of people it's been effecting for months. Instead they pretend the issue doesn't exist. 

It is also effecting the following providers and more as they are owned by TPG and use the TPG network.

iiNet
Vodaphone

Internode

AAPT
Westnet

As well as effecting a large amount of other hosts, networks and their thousands of clients. When will TPG 

acknowledge and provide a solution for their customers instead of acting like they don't know they have a huge ongoing issue with their routes. This issue can be solved if a client simply uses certain VPNs which drops their ping from 150 back down to a stable level... 
david64
Level 15

@Shane . Snapper does not belong in this thread. You have already answered that user in the proper thread. You haven't addressed the concern of user 4992895 which is still happening..

Shane

Hi @lucas2 ,

We responded to your initial post located here and still awaiting response. Send us the screenshot of the ping test and tracert result together with your details to proceed with the initial investigation and get to the bottom of this.

Regards,

This issue has been happening since September 2022. If you search the forum you can find many posts dating back to Setember 2022 but unfortunately not many people use a forum for support. I know someone who had to sit on a phone call for hours back and forth with TPG for them to finally acknowledge that there is a big issue and it's completely on them. TPG have continued to ignore it and reject potential solutions from other major networks who this is effecting. I have had hundreds of complaints in the past month alone from people who use TPG or one of their owned ISP who share the same TPG network.

Huge networks have continuously tried to find a resolution with TPG and were forced to apply their own short term solutions to fix TPGs own issue. This is not sustainable and it all comes down to TPG and if they are actually going to fix their network and the hundreds of thousands of people it's been effecting for months. Instead they pretend the issue doesn't exist. 

It is also effecting the following providers and more as they are owned by TPG and use the TPG network.

iiNet
Vodaphone

Internode

AAPT
Westnet

As well as effecting a large amount of other hosts, networks and their thousands of clients. When will TPG 

acknowledge and provide a solution for their customers instead of acting like they don't know they have a huge ongoing issue with their routes. This issue can be solved if a client simply uses certain VPNs which drops their ping from 150 back down to a stable level... 

KD99
Level 2

Having this same issue like many others ...

Shane

We responded to your initial post located here. Send us your details to better understand the situation.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Having this same issue like many others ...

Will5050
Level 2

Also having the same issue.. 

Only occured while playing COD MW2 about 2 weeks ago. Haven't played again until today and still the same. Everything else runs fine, just instant 110 ping on COD with the same people I used to play with.