TPG Community

Get online support

Home Superfast Plan - Complimentary Speedboost email

SOLVED Go to solution
marius
Level 2

There is a speed limiter built into the TPG tp-link Archer VR1600v modem. It may be enabled if you are on a slower plan. It was enabled for me when I was on a slower plan, and I was unable to obtain higher speeds when I switched over to a faster plan.

It's located on the tp-link menu: advanced -> bandwidth control. The 'enable' check box was checked and total downstream bandwidth was specified at the level of the slower plan. Once the 'enable' check box was unchecked, my speed doubled.

Blueace
Level 2
Same issue here. Can't pm anyone either...
Shane

Hi @Blueace,

Thanks for raising this to us, to better understand the situation shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

Regards,

Same issue here. Can't pm anyone either...
KennyD
Level 2

Also not receiving the speed boost. Still on NBN 50 (should be 200 from March 5th accoding to email) but speedtest is only showing about 10 mbps download speed.

Have rebooted nbn modem and tp-link Archer 1600v router multiple times which hasn't made a difference.

Also tried disabling the bandwidth limit settings on the router as suggested earlier in this thread but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Riezl

Hi @KennyD, pleas send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help resolve your concern. We'll wait for your PM. Thank you.

Strife
Level 2

After being contacted by Tech support it was determined that my router was faulty, got sent a new one (same model the Archer V1600) after setting back up now getting 260Mbps...very happy,

thanks for the support

tones461
Level 2

i have been with tpg for probably 20 years, i never recived any promotions from them

tones461
Level 2

how do you change the chanel?

Riezl

Hi @tones461,

If you are using a WIFI connection, then you may check these links to improve your home network.

If you need further assistance, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

MickeyB
Level 2
...writing a first post so that I get the Send Message (PM) option.