TPG Community

Get online support

Home broadband so slow

amypoole15
Level 2
Is anyones home broadband going really slow? Since the 4th of March it’s been that slow I can’t load anything for TAFE so I can study. I’ve been waiting on the phone since 6:30pm and it’s now 8:50pm. Customer service it’s absolutely ridiculous
10 REPLIES 10
BasilDV

Hi @amypoole15

Welcome to the Community!

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

Have you tried rebooting the modem/router and relocating it near a window?

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV

Hyper
Level 3

Yep. My connection speed has dropped to 11Mbps since about 10:30am on the 6th of March. Mind you, I pay for a 50Mbps FTTN plan. Upload speed doesn't seem affected that much. I still get around 17 Mbps as upload rate. Rebooting router makes no difference. I have a TP-Link Archer VR1600v modem. Whether connected wirelessly directly to the modem or via wired connection: The result is the same. No settings were changed on my side - yet the connection speed is unbearable currently.

Customer support speed is even worse though. Sent them a message yesterday. On the phone now trying to reach them. I've been in the queue for 35 minutes right now. Nobody working at TPG, it seems.

BasilDV

Hi @Hyper

We've checked the account and tested the line.

We can confirm that the modem/router is getting a very low Downstream/Download speed, but the Upstream/Upload speed is within range.

Please turn off the modem/router and disconnect the RJ11 (Phone cable) connecting it from the wall socket. Make sure that the wall socket is clean and no corrosion. Reconnect the cable then turn it On once done.

Please advise update us once the modem/router is online for us to run some test again.

BasilDV

Hyper
Level 3

@BasilDV ,
Thanks for the quick response.
I just checked: Rebooted the modem (multiple times), disconnected the phone cable between modem and wall-socket, checked connections, checked speed again; then replaced the phone cable between modem and wall with a different phone cable, rebooted the modem, checked speed again.
None of that seemed to have an impact. The line values seem to remain the same and the speed tests give me the same results (11.1Mbps down, 18.5Mbps up).

TPG_line.png

BasilDV

Thank you @Hyper.

This has been raised to our Engineering team for further investigation as there's a possible fault within the NBN line.

An assigned Engineer will be in touch within 24 to 48 hours to provide further updates via SMS or phone call.

BasilDV

Hyper
Level 3

Thanks, @BasilDV

amypoole15
Level 2
I’m waiting to be called today or I’ll be canceling the service. I waited 2.5 hours on the phone and nothing. Restarting it doesn’t work and the internet light goes on and off through out the day. I basically have no upload speed at all it’s sitting around 1-2 mbps. I’m only on home broadband until nbn gets installed
BasilDV

Hi @amypoole15

We'd like to help you chase this with the relevant team.

Please send me your TPG account details via PM to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV

amypoole15
Level 2
I can’t do a speed test today and it’s just not working at all! Why is this issue constantly reoccurring