How do I cancel TPG

Tjscanlan
Level 2
Hello!
I signed up to TPG 6 days ago and they took payment straight away. I have been trying to cancel it for 3 days now but no one is answering the phones. I got the wrong advice on the phone call with the sales person as they told me nothing about installation times, the NBN box (that we don’t have) and never received ANY paperwork or contract to my email, text messages. Can someone please recommend or help me. Should I go straight to the ombudsman?
4 REPLIES 4
Tjscanlan
Level 2
ALSO!
I have been waiting in the cue to chat to the consultants, I got down to 96th person in the queue and then the page refreshed by itself.
gscott04
Level 2
Same. How do I get out of this nightmare company ? Ombudsman or Consumer Affairs ?
Rogerwilco007
Level 2

I just signed up recently too but I've been given an installation date for next week and the modem has been delivered. I'm hoping it all goes smoothly but I'm not really confident having heard about the many issues people are having.

I've read that to cancel you need to give them at least 30 days written notice that you're cancelling the service.

Good luck.

Tjscanlan
Level 2
Hey! Thank you for the email, you have provided more information than the sales consultant. Do you know if there is a cooling off period? I have been trying to cancel for 4 days now