TPG Community

Get online support

How to setup for TPG phne with cisco spa232d mobility enhanced ata

prakash051
Level 3

Hi,

I like to user another router-modem with advance security and advance feature for content monitoring and network monitoring as we have more so many devices connected which can't be manage by TP-Link modem.

I will ger modem router but I like to use cisco spa232d mobility enhanced ata for TPG phone 

so can I have steps to setup cisco spa232d mobility enhanced ata for phone ?

or is there any another model out there which I can use for phone setup?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @prakash051 ,

The modem we provide is a standard modem and we’ve optimised the setup to complement our specifically configured modem settings. We provide the modem for all our NBN plans as they are sold as an Internet & Home Phone Bundle. As the Home Phone component of your bundle is encrypted for security, you will need to use our modem if you are to make and receive phone calls. VoIP feature will not work using a 3rd party modem/router.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

prakash051
Level 3

Thanks so how I can use my own routher to get internet but use TP-link TPG hardware for phone only?

do I need to setup TP-Link as the bridge or rougher to get internet from my router to login to phone work ?

Shane

As mentioned above, the Home Phone component of your bundle is encrypted for security, you will need to use our modem if you are to make and receive phone calls. VoIP feature will not work using a 3rd party modem/router.

Which means our Supplied modem/router should be the Authentication device for the VoIP feature to work. If you have a 3rd party router that you wish to use. You may use it as extender by turning on it's DHCP mode and disabling our supplied Wi-Fi's network.

Regards,