TPG Community

Get online support

Huawei H659 as access point to an Archer vr1600v setup LAN to LAN but no internet access

tolitz1108
Level 2

We have, me and @Shannen from TPG Support, setup Huawei HG659 LAN to LAN to TP-Link Archer. I can access it as Wifi, Connection, Secured BUT cannot access internet.. Can't google.. not even tpg.com.au..

Any other ideas?

13 REPLIES 13
tolitz1108
Level 2

We have tried connecting LAN to LAN without changing anything... Not changing IP address and Not disabling DHCP server.... Can connect to Wifi but No Internet.... 

I also tried to change the IP address from 192.168.1.199 and disable DHCP server.. save and reboot the old modem.. Can connect but no internet...

Any other ideas?

Main objective is to connect Huawei hg569 as Wifi Extender to TP-Link Archer with NBN..

Shane

Try to factory reset the HG659 and follow the steps that @david64 gave here.  

Let us know how it will go! 

We have, me and @Shannen from TPG Support, setup Huawei HG659 LAN to LAN to TP-Link Archer. I can access it as Wifi, Connection, Secured BUT cannot access internet.. Can't google.. not even tpg.com.au..

Any other ideas?

We have tried connecting LAN to LAN without changing anything... Not changing IP address and Not disabling DHCP server.... Can connect to Wifi but No Internet.... 

I also tried to change the IP address from 192.168.1.199 and disable DHCP server.. save and reboot the old modem.. Can connect but no internet...

Any other ideas?

Main objective is to connect Huawei hg569 as Wifi Extender to TP-Link Archer with NBN..

tolitz1108
Level 2

I've done all these but I lost my internet access... Huawei HG659 (wifi extender) is connected LAN to LAN...

Huawei has also new IP, same SSID and passkey, DHCP has been disabled

My network says "Connected Secured" but can't access internet or "Action Needed, No Internet"... 

Shane

When isolating the Archer Vr1600 alone, is it able to connect to the internet? Send me a Private Message with your details (Username/Customer ID) together with the address on file.

How to send a PM? - https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093.

Regards,

I've done all these but I lost my internet access... Huawei HG659 (wifi extender) is connected LAN to LAN...

Huawei has also new IP, same SSID and passkey, DHCP has been disabled

My network says "Connected Secured" but can't access internet or "Action Needed, No Internet"... 

tolitz1108
Level 2

Yes. If I remove the Huawei, then everyting is fine. If I put it back LAN to LAN.. Then the issue I mentioned occurs. I have reset to factory settings the Huawei many times just to repeat the process but same issue.

Shane

We've got the account and confirmed that service should be working fine.

Now lets try this.

• Perform Factory reset on Huawei
  • Set the Huawei DHCP Mode ON.
  • Change the connection type/mode or WAN connection type  to Automatic IP.
  • Reboot the modem
  • Test the connection.

Let us know how it will go.

Yes. If I remove the Huawei, then everyting is fine. If I put it back LAN to LAN.. Then the issue I mentioned occurs. I have reset to factory settings the Huawei many times just to repeat the process but same issue.

tolitz1108
Level 2

I have done factory reset to Huawei...

The DHCP Server is now ON/Enabled.

However, there is no such thing as WAN Connection type.. 
I can only see WLAN Interface and WLAN Access but doesn't have the WAN "Connection Type" option.

Shane

Perform a Factory reset again to the Huawei HG659 and when you go to the Setup Wizard try to choose the 2 options 

'Connect Automatically' and 'Connect with Another modem'

I have done factory reset to Huawei...

The DHCP Server is now ON/Enabled.

However, there is no such thing as WAN Connection type.. 
I can only see WLAN Interface and WLAN Access but doesn't have the WAN "Connection Type" option.

tolitz1108
Level 2

Do I need to change the IP address of Huawei HG659 router? -- If I don't, Archer and Huawei would have the same IP address as 192.168.1.1.

Do I need to disable the DHCP?

Do we need to change the SSID and passkey for Huawei to be the same as in Archer (main modem).

Your instruction didn't work.

I can only choose one because it is a radio button. So, I can't chose both, so its either "Connect Automatically" or "Connect with another modem".

I chosed "Connect with another mode" and connect Huawei on LAN to LAN in the hub in the lounge room, all devices connected to the hub lost its internet connection... Thus, only the one connected on the main modem, TP-Link Archer can connect to internet.