TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Connection keeps dropping out

Highlighted
Level 1a

Hi

I've just receieved my NBN modem and set things up.

Things worked well for the first 30 minutes to an hour.

Now though, I've had so many drop outs that the service is useless to me.

When the service resume I'm getting speeds that again so slow that the service is pointless.

At this stage i'm trying nothing more than browsing . It's take me about 5 attempts to post this questions after haveing spend nearlt 2 hours waiting in the phone (I appreciate that call centre are under pressure at the moment due to the covid19 situation though).

Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Hi @rajgadhia1,

There are different caused of dropouts that you may experience.

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.
  2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.
  3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection we did an article that you may find helpful see links below.

Please also have a read of the NBN_FTTC setup guide to make sure your setup is correct.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/NBN-Fibre-to-the-Curb-FTTC-Setup-Guide/td-p/7856

Regards,

Karl