TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Connection keeps dropping out

rajgadhia1
Level 2

Hi

I've just receieved my NBN modem and set things up.

Things worked well for the first 30 minutes to an hour.

Now though, I've had so many drop outs that the service is useless to me.

When the service resume I'm getting speeds that again so slow that the service is pointless.

At this stage i'm trying nothing more than browsing . It's take me about 5 attempts to post this questions after haveing spend nearlt 2 hours waiting in the phone (I appreciate that call centre are under pressure at the moment due to the covid19 situation though).

Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
KarlB

Hi @rajgadhia1,

There are different caused of dropouts that you may experience.

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.
  2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.
  3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection we did an article that you may find helpful see links below.

Please also have a read of the NBN_FTTC setup guide to make sure your setup is correct.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/NBN-Fibre-to-the-Curb-FTTC-Setup-Guide/td-p/7856

Regards,

Karl

Kit84177087
Level 2
I been dropping out since I changed to this new nbn plan like everyday had to restart the modem and nbn modem for it to maybe start working again this has been a issue since day 1 I have contacted your team by phone and they want me to do all these testing with them which I don’t have the time and also I don’t have a pc can you please solve this problem if not I’ll just go back to telstra where there is more support and less fuss involved
BasilDV

Hi @Kit84177087

Welcome to the Community!

We'd like to look into your account for better understanding of the situation and see what we can do to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

How do I private message (PM) in the community?

In the meantime, you may also check the articles that we've created in case you are using a WiFi connection.

BasilDV

skinnermichael
Level 2

Hi

I experience at least one drop out a day can only be resolved by rebooting the router.

I have logged many faults with TPG. They say "We will run line tests and get back to you" everytime the next day i get a text message saying "Tests show line is working now closing call"

I am assuming this is why we have to sign the service waver when we start the plan

Ahra_G

Hi @skinnermichael,

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.

It does show that there are no evident line fault that can be service affecting.

Should you require further assistance, you may reach out to us again or you may check out our self-help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

To help manage your TPG services on the go, you may download our TPG Mobile App on this link: tpg.com.au/services/tpg-app

Regards,

Ahra_G

hectorxrr003
Level 2

My NBN connection drops out every day between 11am and 12pm.

Please investigate and advise.

hectorxrr003