TPG Community

Get online support

I cannot send bulk emails (- 200) error "too many recipients".

Patanty
Level 2

I have been contacted by Bernard, who will contact me again tomorrow, but - since speaking with him - I have discovered the following:

After altering the settings, I click "Test account settings" but receive an error message.

On restarting the computer, the settings have returned to the previous incorrect settings.

If I click "Repair", the settings also revert to the incorrect ones.

I hope this information will assist.

Erika

Hi @Patanty

We appreciate the additional information provided. 

I've forwarded this now to the assigned technician. 

He'll be contacting you tomorrow, 20 September between 11am - 12pm. 

Let us know should you need further assistance. 

Cheers, 

Patanty
Level 2

I was not contacted yesterday (Thursday 20/9) as indicated. I have received emails from Helpdesk, which repeat settings already given.

After altering the settings and checking "Test email settings", I receive an error message.

"Your email server rejected your login with secure password authentication.........

Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing SMTP email server.........contact your ISP"

When the computer is restarted, the original ( incorrect) settings have been restored.

Could you please ask the original technician (Bernard) contact me on Monday at 11am. to sort this problem.

Riezl

Hi @Patanty, we'll request Bernard to contact you on Monday, 24 September 2018 between 11AM and 12PM.

Patanty
Level 2

Thank you.

Riezl

No worries, @Patanty.

Riezl

Hi @Patanty, can you also provide us the screenshot of the email settings?

Riezl

Thanks for sending the screenshot, @Patanty.

We have already forwarded it to our Technical Team.

BasilDV

Hi @Patanty,

We've seen that our Tech team has been in touch.

There's an issue with your Outlook 2007 email client as it's not saving the settings that you keep on putting in it. Your TPG email account is working fine as you said that you can send bulk emails using our webmail "Post office".

You may need to uninstall and reinstall your Outlook 2007 client, or install a new email client instead. But first, make sure that you'll backup your important mails and contacts.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

LDESLAND
Level 2

I had a similar problem with a  bulk email (about 75 )and the same response. Some people actually received the email but most didn't. We sent out a christmas email last year with no problem.  I phoned TPG and after 10 mins they said they have reduced the quanity down to minimize the number of spam emails. They couldn't tell me what that number was.  A good story but a bit of a cop out if you ask me. We resent the emails with 15 people with no problem.